NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Conforto 2021 Outlook

39 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Good play for today in OBP leagues, as he's assuredly getting plunked, at least once.

Nope, won't happen...  Guaranteed...

2 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Agreed. 

The Mets aren't playing today. 

Ok.  The post was facetious, but thanks for the clarification.

47 minutes ago, StartYourStuds said:

Is this guy still good?

Hopefully, he's been awesome for me for the past few years. Today should be a good test, 2 games against hump pitchers in Coors..

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

yes

I’m asking because he was just dropped in one of my leagues and I just scooped him up for free....I have 0 shares of him in any of my other leagues so haven’t been following. I know we have a ton of Mets guys here so wondering what’s been going on with him this year because the stats are atrocious so far - I know it’s early no need to remind me of that. He had a great 2020 so no reason to suspect he just forgot how to play baseball all of a sudden haha

11 minutes ago, StartYourStuds said:

I’m asking because he was just dropped in one of my leagues and I just scooped him up for free....I have 0 shares of him in any of my other leagues so haven’t been following. I know we have a ton of Mets guys here so wondering what’s been going on with him this year because the stats are atrocious so far - I know it’s early no need to remind me of that. He had a great 2020 so no reason to suspect he just forgot how to play baseball all of a sudden haha

It’s been two weeks with many ppds for him. If he kept this up for another two weeks my answer would be the same. It’s not pandemic quick season anymore.

17 minutes ago, StartYourStuds said:

7 of the Met's first 13 games have been PPD and only one has been made up.  Him and the rest of the Met's offense (except Nimmo and Dom) are ice cold most likely due to the erratic nature of their schedule to start the year.  He'll be fine. 

• 2 weeks later...

He's been worth -0.1 WAR thus far, dropping a .212/.333/.333 slash that looks like a light hitting high school shortstop line. OBP and SLG are EVEN. The thing is, the Mets are in a teamwide funk much like the Yankees, and in the past few days we've seen the Yankee offense get going. You have to expect they will start to produce at some point, but NO ONE on that team has come even close to passable numbers this far, save for Pete Alonso. deGrom's 0.4 WAR to this point makes him their 5th most valuable hitter. Even if they remain bad, they can't be THIS bad. He just hit a 2-R double in the 1st inning that upped his OPS by 33 points, so it's still SSS territory.

Edited by Richard Kimble
7 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

He's been worth -0.1 WAR thus far, dropping a .212/.333/.333 slash that looks like a light hitting high school shortstop line. OBP and SLG are EVEN. The thing is, the Mets are in a teamwide funk much like the Yankees, and in the past few days we've seen the Yankee offense get going. You have to expect they will start to produce at some point, but NO ONE on that team has come even close to passable numbers this far, save for Pete Alonso. deGrom's 0.4 WAR to this point makes him their 5th most valuable hitter. Even if they remain bad, they can't be THIS bad. He just hit a 2-R double in the 1st inning that upped his OPS by 33 points, so it's still SSS territory.

And I can’t imagine how much leaning into a GW HBP helps that WAR.