NBC Sports Edge Forums

Better stash: Knebel or Kopech (WHIR!)

Roto league.  I currently have Kopech, who is for the moment only SP-eligible, for the Ks with minimal ERA.  Should I swap him for Knebel on the off chance Knebel is actually horning in on Jansen's saves?  Currently I'm last in every pitching category but ERA, where I'm first.  Got my first two Ws tonight and only have one save so far.

So, drop Kopech for Knebel?  Leave a link!

In a redraft league if you are desperate for saves then I get making this move.  Kopech is likely to stay in the long relief role most if not all the season so he will not really benefit you as much as taking a shot on the SV's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am going to say Kopech

Jansen is not losing the job. They may share but still, Kopech is gonna have some value this year! Devin Williams circa 2021 IMO

if you need saves REAL BAD then I could not argue with Knebel but just face value I like Kopech a ton!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

In a redraft league if you are desperate for saves then I get making this move.  Kopech is likely to stay in the long relief role most if not all the season so he will not really benefit you as much as taking a shot on the SV's.

Although I agree, super long time closers like Jansen tend to stick around and survive.  Jansen would have been used 3rd time in 4 as I'm sure you know .  And Jansen seems to go through this to start every season it seems.  It's easier for me to tell you to pick up a guy than it is to drop one.  Another point is that knebel  should help your ratios in a similar way as kopech.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, rotoguy74 said:

Jansen is not losing the job. 

Jansen is a name only

He lost the job I'm the WS to Urias

Knebel

• Thanks 1