NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a totally silly take. You don't find it odd that 29/30 teams let adults be themselves and the Yankees think they are better than everyone else and regulate what someone has on their face? 

Absolutely agree. Not a stupid one.  Talk about a restriction of individual liberty.  No facial hair whatsoever.  No sideburns past the middle of the ear.  No longish hair that hits the collar-

Posted Images

Pouring here in Philly area (2 hrs from NY) but supposedly an early afternoon window where it should break for a few hrs 

4 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Keep eye on Mets/Marlins. Supposed to rain all day in NYC.

Why didn't every team in baseball build a retractable roof staduim when they built their new ballparks. The rain outs and in game rain delays would have almost been totally eliminated from the game. Seattle, Milwaulkee, New Texas, Miami, Arizona Houston ect ect all  those ball parks are absolutly awesome places to watch baseball in when the roof is open its a open air stadium so the argument that baseball is a out door game and should be played in a outdoor staduim is moot.  and on days its raining Close the roof. and play ball.

There a rain delay in Toronto (Florida)?

ESPN has it listed as RD, but I don’t trust them. Rotowire says sunny and nearly zero chance of rain

3 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

ESPN has it listed as RD, but I don’t trust them. Rotowire says sunny and nearly zero chance of rain

Dunedin Florida is getting hit by a nasty thunderstorm as we speak. I really hate how the blue jays don’t ever post the lineup, what’s up with that? Now if Bichette sits I can’t replace.

Edited by mannymachado
4 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

I live in Sarasota FL, it’s absolutely disgusting here today. I doubt this game gets played. 

4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I live in Sarasota FL, it’s absolutely disgusting here today. I doubt this game gets played. 

Blue Jays miss skydome

I fail to understand how a professional pitcher can not throw strikes....Ok if you suck and you get rocked I can understand that...but a professional pitcher should be able to throw strikes.

14 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

More accurate than trained meteorologists!

Edited by charger_ss24

Honeywell looking good early vs the Yankees. He should be a popular faab target tonight.  Kind of interesting the Rays called him up so early in the season, unlike them. He's almost certainly going back down at some point to gain extra year of contorl.

17 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

I fail to understand how a professional pitcher can not throw strikes....Ok if you suck and you get rocked I can understand that...but a professional pitcher should be able to throw strikes.

its amazing.  walks turn solo homers into 3 run shots. Walks also get pitch counts up high that they have to pull you out in the 4th inning

Edited by mks
10 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Honeywell looking good early vs the Yankees. He should be a popular faab target tonight.  Kind of interesting the Rays called him up so early in the season, unlike them. He's almost certainly going back down at some point to gain extra year of contorl.

11 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

He’s 26 and has had his arm operated on 4 times. I highly doubt even the Rays would play arbitration games with him at this point. I hate to say it but the odds are stacked against him to still be pitching in the majors in 5 years. I’m rooting for him and would be really disappointed with Tampa if they play those games.