NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a totally silly take. You don't find it odd that 29/30 teams let adults be themselves and the Yankees think they are better than everyone else and regulate what someone has on their face? 

Absolutely agree. Not a stupid one.  Talk about a restriction of individual liberty.  No facial hair whatsoever.  No sideburns past the middle of the ear.  No longish hair that hits the collar-

Posted Images

Just now, ty5592 said:

Julio Daniel with his 3rd bomb

nope nope, I'll stop you right there. It's Just Dongs. Once, twice, three times a Just Dongs.

3 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Julio Daniel with his 3rd bomb

2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

nope nope, I'll stop you right there. It's Just Dongs. Once, twice, three times a Just Dongs.

No no no.  Wasn't funny last year.  Not this year.  Once or twice yes.  But not freaking ALL season. Thank you.

Also Devers has his 2nd homer in the game.  Camden Yards, the favorite of hitters on all teams.

• Like 2
Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

No no no.  Wasn't funny last year.  Not this year.  Once or twice yes.  But not freaking ALL season. Thank you.

Also Devers has his 2nd homer in the game.  Camden Yards, the favorite of hitters on all teams.

JUST DONGS

• Haha 1

Anyone with Mike Trout or Vlad and the rest of the Jays, pull them and put in your bench bats:

Sunday's game between the Angels and Blue Jays has been postponed due to rain.

The game will be made up as part of the doubleheader on August 10 in Anaheim.

Source: Jeff Fletcher on Twitter                  Apr 11, 2021, 3:08 PM ET

Hate to see a kid get his chance and this stuff happens.

Adrian Morejon left Sunday's game after just 16 pitches with an apparent arm injury.

Morejon left the game after a four-pitch walk to Joey Gallo. The Padres trainer was seen holding the 22-year-old's elbow and forearm area while on the mound. This does not look good, but we will update once more details are given.

Source: AJ Cassavell on TwitterAp                 r 11, 2021, 2:56 PM ET

5 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Any chance Gore gets the call?

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Post on last page mentioned Lamet about to come back next week.

I don't know this guy at all but still FWIW

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

Scherzer just doesn't look like an ace anymore. 

Could be just slow to start, or all those innings have caught up to him. I hope it's just the former.

• Like 1
Just now, Baur10 said:

Kopech looked great as always.  If he manages to get stretched out into a starter he's going to be a monster.

That's why I plan on holding him. I'm taking the bet that he starts second half of the season. Gonna be nice to have him as a sp/rp guy in Yahoo!

1 minute ago, Picard56 said:

That's why I plan on holding him. I'm taking the bet that he starts second half of the season. Gonna be nice to have him as a sp/rp guy in Yahoo!

Two more RP appearances and I’ll have dual eligibility with him!

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Any chance Gore gets the call?

Probably not this time, but Paddack is working really hard to create another opening in the Padres’ rotation, and that might be Gore’s chance.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Could be just slow to start, or all those innings have caught up to him. I hope it's just the former.

3 K's in a row, starting to look more like Max. Now though the heart of the dodgers order...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, meh2 said:

He’s 26 and has had his arm operated on 4 times. I highly doubt even the Rays would play arbitration games with him at this point. I hate to say it but the odds are stacked against him to still be pitching in the majors in 5 years. I’m rooting for him and would be really disappointed with Tampa if they play those games.

1 hour ago, Aynsley said:

This is some cold that Martinez has.

Currently on my IL spot after they threw him there last night. Realized too late this morning he was playing. Not thrilled with this turn of events today.

• Like 1

You can't find a worse hitter in baseball right now then Yoan Moncada. He is a out making machine.

Edited by mks
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Currently on my IL spot after they threw him there last night. Realized too late this morning he was playing. Not thrilled with this turn of events today.

Seems if someone gets a cold or any illness they have to immediately test to make sure it isn't covid.  That automatically puts him on the covid IL list as opposed to the regular IL list so the player can come back immediately if he has a negative test. 

This is something all owners should be made aware of for this season ... or until all your players you own have the vaccine shot + 2 week period and have become "robust."  Until then you have to monitor them closely for the covid IL list since it isn't usually a long time unless the player tests positive or contract tracing puts them in the doghouse.

JD had cold-like symptoms so that was why he went through the covid IL list / testing protocols.  Hopefully all the players elect to get their shots and we don't have to go through this soon.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1