NBC Sports EDGE Forums

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 2

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 2

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 2 of the 2021 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

I was thinking about one Mr. Maikel Franco, in deeper leagues or for people who want to bench Sano.  

At first glance, you might ask if the King got hit in the head or something. but he's got a nice schedule this week, Seattle and Texas.  Seattle with all it's Pitching issues, plus a few soft tossing left handers.  Plus he hit a home run last night and I think in his history, Franco likes to bunch up the Hrs.

Here's another stream I'm thinking of... Jed Lowrie

Sure he's no long term asset as he always gets hurt.  But he's got Detroit pitching coming up and bats 3rd for whatever reason.  Good chance for Rbis anyways.

34 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Here's another stream I'm thinking of... Jed Lowrie

Sure he's no long term asset as he always gets hurt.  But he's got Detroit pitching coming up and bats 3rd for whatever reason.  Good chance for Rbis anyways.

He played 310 games in two seasons (2017-2018) hurt his knee in 2019 and says the Mets didn’t allow him to get his surgery. So hard to believe he “always” gets hurt.

.270 80 run 80 rbi 20 HR .800 ops in 2017-2018. His stat cast is all red and in line with the metrics from 17/18. 
With 2B being so shallow this year I’m buying in deep and MI leagues. 

Let’s take a look here...

logan Allen- if he’s there grab and start, he’s looking promising

JT brubaker- he’s shown signs of life, 1 walk over 9 innings sign me up. 

Folty- was great last start, will he be great this time?? If he stays living at 96...yup he sure will! 

can’t give u hitters...I got guys in my league that follow the forums. What a trammel? Cheers boys win ur week. 

For deeper leagues (mine are 14-team, 29-man roster and 12-team, 30-man roster) that struggle to find available players listed in these threads...someone like Adolis Garcia could be an interesting pickup and bench if you have some scrub you'll never play at the end of your bench. 

Well happy Sunday. Has been a very weird pitching week. [...]

Alex wood- he’s back ladies and gentlemen, LHP vs a Marlins that isn’t a world beater, in a pretty solid park.

John Gant- the pros think he may have some magic in the tank, sure I’m in. He also has great hair.

last but certainly not least...

bryce Wilson- terrible last name, but he was very good in the playoffs last year. this could be his coming out party

cheers everyone, let’s chase those cats and get those DUBs!! Go out and win your week! 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic