NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you don't love watching Ronald Acuna play, then you don't love the modern game of baseball.  I'm a Phillies fan, but I loved seeing him mix it up with Jean Segura throughout the series.  Not only d

Ronnie out here dodging major injuries like...

3 minutes ago, 4catztoomany said:

Imagine if this early season plate discipline is even moderately sustained. Swing % on pitches out of the zone is top 5 in the league right now and K% is way down. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/ronald-acuna-jr-improved-plate-discipline-2021

Yeah, he's showing plate discipline comparable to Soto, which would be a game-changer if it sticks.

3 hours ago, Hanghow said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/ronald-acuna-jr-improved-plate-discipline-2021

Yeah, he's showing plate discipline comparable to Soto, which would be a game-changer if it sticks.

Anyone know how fluid plate disclipline is within one season? Can he have such elite discipline now and have it just disappear later? Of course there are other variables that could result in what I would assume would be insignificant statistical drops/increases, but I'm talking about regression back to his career #s after what we've seen. 

3 hours ago, Mikewastaken said:

Best player on the planet right now, and stands a nonzero chance of keeping up something like this ridiculous pace.

There is zero chance he keeps up this ridiculous pace. But I’m certainly enjoying the run for now. 

55 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

There is zero chance he keeps up this ridiculous pace. But I’m certainly enjoying the run for now. 

I would say it's greater than 0.  At least 1% he gets locked in for a Bonds-esque season

4 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I would say it's greater than 0.  At least 1% he gets locked in for a Bonds-esque season

After 13 games, he’s on pace for .442-211-87-174-37. Lol. Zero chance. It’s looking like he’ll have a great, great season, but I said there’s zero chance he keeps up the current pace to the guy who said he has a nonzero chance. :) 

Edited by Flyman75
14 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

He said "something like" this ridiculous pace.  Yes this would be ridiculous of cousre lol

Yeah I was careful with my qualifiers lol. He's not gonna stay this way but the longer he stays hot the better chance he has of a really special season.

• Like 1
On 4/13/2021 at 9:47 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Soto or Acuna?

Soto a better hitter of the baseball and  Acuna gets more steals thou Soto said he wants to run more.   BUT Acuna has Freeman hitting behind him and Soto has Josh Bell/Ryan Zimmerman combo. Soto will be getting the Bonds treatment all summer. This could be the modern day debate Ted Williams or Joe D whos better. One was better then the other But one was on a  better all around team. Soto has a ring already thou.

Crossing my fingers and hoping it was something non serious possibly landed on the “boys” or his stomach in a strange way. 

Atlanta was already winning big so could see caution being the name of the game here. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing [...] that they only took him out as a precaution. They let him stay in when it first happened and only took him out after he scored. Thinking (really hoping lol) that it was just precautionary. Definitely not a doctor though haha.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

He was obviously in pain after a dive back to first on a pickoff attempt. Trainers checked on him and left him in. A walk and a hit later, and he was superman diving into home to score which wasn't ideal given his sore/hurt stomach. Not sure what was the issue as he was def grabbing at his belly button area when he first injured himself.