except for the part of him getting hit in all

Neo gets hit ultimately 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you don't love watching Ronald Acuna play, then you don't love the modern game of baseball.  I'm a Phillies fan, but I loved seeing him mix it up with Jean Segura throughout the series.  Not only d

45 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

If Sam Coonrad ever gets an AB against the Braves I fully understand is expect him to be plunked…

It's all pitchers these days.  That can't control the new baseball with the higher seams as well because those seams are causing way too much movement.  Add in 100 mph pitchers being common and players hanging out over the plate more and it has been  a receipt for disaster this season.  Coonrod isn't some big bad.  Just  a typical modern day pitcher living in the mess modern day baseball has become.  And as a reliever he isn't going to bat against the Braves anyway.

7 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It's all pitchers these days.  That can't control the new baseball with the higher seams as well because those seams are causing way too much movement.  Add in 100 mph pitchers being common and players hanging out over the plate more and it has been  a receipt for disaster this season.  Coonrod isn't some big bad.  Just  a typical modern day pitcher living in the mess modern day baseball has become.  And as a reliever he isn't going to bat against the Braves anyway.

Acuna seems to get pitched quite a bit inside though. IMO he is hit quite often or at least often enough where it doesn't surprise me  that he has been hit again

30 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Acuna seems to get pitched quite a bit inside though. IMO he is hit quite often or at least often enough where it doesn't surprise me  that he has been hit again

It does seem like once a week I think his season is over, due to being hit by a pitch. 

8 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Acuna getting hit last night has NOTHING to do with pitchers not being able to control the baseball. Do you watch any of the Braves' games? Acuna can take an outside pitch deep, and an inside corner pitch deep. The book on Acuna is to pitch him in off of the plate. He is imperiled every single at bat, with a large percentage of the pitches he sees coming in close to his hands. This **** is getting old, and Coonrod was throwing that ball pretty much exactly where he meant to. Acuna gets hit 30% more times per PA than the average major leaguer, and that does not even count the pitches he dodges because he knows it's coming at him a good bit of the time and he's an exceptional athlete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SecondString38 said:

Acuna getting hit last night has NOTHING to do with pitchers not being able to control the baseball. Do you watch any of the Braves' games? Acuna can take an outside pitch deep, and an inside corner pitch deep. The book on Acuna is to pitch him in off of the plate. He is imperiled every single at bat, with a large percentage of the pitches he sees coming in close to his hands. This **** is getting old, and Coonrod was throwing that ball pretty much exactly where he meant to. Acuna gets hit 30% more times per PA than the average major leaguer, and that does not even count the pitches he dodges because he knows it's coming at him a good bit of the time and he's an exceptional athlete.

i know getting hit is part of the game.  but it sucks when a guy like acuna, trout, judge gets hit and breaks a hand.  pretty much everyone and their mother is throwing 95+ now....i wouldnt be opposed to some additionally penalty to hitting someone.  like 2 bases instead of 1.  or every 5th batter a pitcher hits automatic 6 game suspension or something

Edited by jfazz23
5 hours ago, Low and Away said:

He crowds the plate so pitchers have to back him up.  They were saying last night on ESPN that he has been hit by pitches 22 times so far in his short career compared to someone else that was only hit 32 times in his whole career.  Forget if that was Hank Aaron or who now.

Now add him crowding the plate with the control issues almost all pitchers are having this year with the new baseballs and he is going to get plucked.

Definitely good to see. Wish they weren't playing SNB so I wouldn't have benched him this morning lol. Still, was partly concerned he might have sat out the first few games next week after seeing the replay of the HBP and how much pain he was in

Posted (edited)

Deep breath time (again) Acuna coming out of the game after an awkward play at first (initially ruled a hit, overturned on review) may have rolled an ankle. 

Walked off under his own power but removed from the game.

Edited by mudrummer
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Big League Choo said:

This guy is shaving years off of my life

In my other life I am an LSU football fan and lived through the Les Miles years - owning Acuna is a similar experience - sheer exhilaration and sheer terror often within the span of a single game.

Edited by mudrummer
  • Haha 1

X-rays turned up negative on Ronald Acuna's left ankle, per Braves manager Brian Snitker.

Acuna tweaked the ankle while crossing the first base bag on a seventh-inning groundout Thursday versus the Blue Jays. He looked to be in serious pain at first but that might have just been a case of initial shock, as the superstar outfielder eventually walked off without any assistance. He'll be reevaluated on Friday.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, herschel said:

X-rays turned up negative on Ronald Acuna's left ankle, per Braves manager Brian Snitker.

Acuna tweaked the ankle while crossing the first base bag on a seventh-inning groundout Thursday versus the Blue Jays. He looked to be in serious pain at first but that might have just been a case of initial shock, as the superstar outfielder eventually walked off without any assistance. He'll be reevaluated on Friday.

Good initial news - still concerned about a sprain - guessing he is going to be "day-to-day" for the next couple. 

5 minutes ago, GeorgeCostanza said:

that would have been the weakest way to lose a great player

You must not be familiar with strange baseball injuries. Video game accidents, falling down the stairs, hunting accidents, sneezing…

• Haha 1