NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ronald Acuna 2021 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

How?  A 275-40-20 season is easily #1 overall.   I would guess he's #1 in most fantasy leagues, maybe Turner in standard 5x5

Definitely not #1 overall with the season Tatis is headed for. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fbaseballgod said:

How?  A 275-40-20 season is easily #1 overall.   I would guess he's #1 in most fantasy leagues, maybe Turner in standard 5x5

You think he's #1 overall right now in most leagues, or by the end of the season. Because right now Guerrero and Tatis are #1/#2 in every single 6x6 league I play in (and they all have slightly different category variations among the AVG/OBP/TB/SLG/OPS stats)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

that line wont sniff #1 overall.

atleast in 2019 that line was about top 5. (depends how down offense is as awhole ROS during the summer months)

bellinger 305 47/15 with crazy counting stats was #5.

30 pts in avg is huge, and 7 more hrs, dwarfs 5 sb in total value.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CardiacDO said:

Benching him tonight against deGrom. Can't weather the 4ks. This guy couldn't hit off a tee right now. 

game is gonna be canceled anyways 

There’s nothing wrong with him, and never has.  Anyone who has watched him the past 3 years knows he’s insanely streaky.   He was super hot, then “cold” for a week and a half (batted under 200 but still had >800 OPS so lol), and he’s just starting to heat up again.  He’s running too.  Also fwiw he’s underperforming his xstats so far

• Like 1

I agree, the biggest annoyance with him this year has been the multiple injury scares. Yet he always seems to avoid a trip to the IL and has stayed on the field pretty well in his brief, but amazing career thus far. Just enjoy the ride, there are ups and downs with every player, but if he is fully healthy the numbers will be there. You don't think if he had 12 steals at the All-Star break and they asked him in an interview why he hasn't been stealing more often, that he wouldn't go out try to prove them wrong after? He's a superstar who makes the game look easy, and he was quite upset that when he fell short of 40/40 two years ago, so I'm still expecting him to push those totals by the end of the season. 

• Like 1

He didn’t run out of the on deck circle to let the runner from 3rd know where to slide. Benched with “phantom” injury.

****Maybe true...maybe not. This is what I’m reading from folks inside the circle. No source****

4 hours ago, Mexi1024 said:

Anybody know why Acuna left early today?

Here you go.  This doesn't clear up anything:

Ronald Acuna was removed from Sunday's game with right pectoral muscle tightness.

Advice: Braves' team officials have stated that Acuna's removal was a precautionary measure, but more details should be available after the game.

More: David O'Brien on Twitter            (NBCSportsEDGE.com)

As for the rumors above I seriously doubt that the Braves are going to risk the outcome of the game by benching their star player in the middle of same.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

33 minutes ago, bluntbros said:

He didn’t run out of the on deck circle to let the runner from 3rd know where to slide. Benched with “phantom” injury.

****Maybe true...maybe not. This is what I’m reading from folks inside the circle. No source****

Why are you baselessly speculating about complete bs like this? Did you even see the at bat he was removed? He was clearly in discomfort and was rubbing/stretching his chest after the swing, and then again in the dugout. Gtfo with that "inside the circle, no source" nonsense

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bluntbros said:

Interesting.

Always good to hear different takes/theories.  Keeps things fresh. 

6 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Interesting.

Always good to hear different takes/theories.  Keeps things fresh. 

I'd rather hear the actual facts and not wild rumors that make there way around the internet with nothing to back them up.  Give us the source and not mere speculations.  I have had enough of the net spreading complete crap with nothing to back same over the last few years plus.  Gives us facts from legit reporters please.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

9 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Gives us facts from legit reporters please.

The sports reporters of the world are little more than paid shills for the organizations they ostensibly are reporting on.  They aren't going to rock the boat or risk their paychecks by doing any actual reporting that would shine a light on franchises or athletes unless it's literally already a matter of public knowledge.

When's the last time a sports reporter actually broke a story (as opposed to just reporting what they've been told or something alleged in a public record ... like a police filing or civil suit)?  

Pretty much never, and this is a story as old as sports.  What, reporters didn't know Mantle was an alcoholic womanizer?  They had to read about it in Ball Four?  Of course they f***ing did, but in truth they are little more than a press agent marketing wing for sports leagues.

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watching the video gives zero evidence as well. Pure speculation. He seems to tweak his lower left back during the swing. You can see him trying to stretch it out. 
Ronny’s been benched in the past for lack of hustle. Wouldn’t put it past the coach. Just ignore my posts or block me instead of playing the role of Mr. Expert.

Not a HR in 8 games, but a lot of hard hits and 8 SB in his last 15 games. has been running a LOT lately.  We’re at 14 SB overall and (i think) on pace for 40ish HR and 30-35ish SB which is just absolutely otherworldly when it comes with a 280+ BA 

• Like 3

hopefully nothing too serious...

(1 hr ago) Acuna was scratched from Wednesday's lineup against the Mets with lower back tightness.

Ehire Adrianza will step in as the right fielder while Acuna sits. More details about Acuna's condition and whether he'll play Thursday should become available following Wednesday's contest.