• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baddoo strikes again

Go Yahoo!

If I knew how to meme, you'd be in trouble. 

30 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Yeah, just saw that. Should be Beebs vs. Giolito. I think McKenzie is getting the nod today for the Tribe

Being a owner of Both Beebs and Giolito on several teams. I would rather one go today and the other tommarow .BUT it is what it is.  When your pitcher go head to head you just have to root for Both to rack up the Ks and innings and pray one get the win. 1-0

44 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

How is the weather today especially in the Midwest.  I heard it was going to be really cold and rainy in some areas today.

Weather looks horriable in NY again. Might have another Mets rainout. The Mets are building up lots of 7 inning DHs on their schedule later in the season if they don't get this one in.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mks said:

Weather looks horriable in NY again. Might have another Mets rainout. The Mets are building up lots of 7 inning DHs on their schedule later in the season if they don't get this one in.

Thanks.  Red Sox at Twins is iffy too with rain throughout and in the 40's but they might be able to play through it if rain isn't too heavy.  If they play it could be a real mudder though.  Keep an eye on this game as well as the one mks mentioned with Phils v Mets.  That one is really up in the air.  Or falling down through the air.  ☂️

27 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Thanks.  Red Sox at Twins is iffy too with rain throughout and in the 40's but they might be able to play through it if rain isn't too heavy.  If they play it could be a real mudder though.  Keep an eye on this game as well as the one mks mentioned with Phils v Mets.  That one is really up in the air.  Or falling down through the air.  ☂️

The Mets are 4 games already behind the rest of the LG if they lose this one make it 5. SO they will have five 7 inning DHs to play later in the season.  For every 7 inning DH a team plays they lose 4 innings of baseball.   IF they have 5 of them thats 20 innings of baseball lost which means the Mets wil play equal to 2 full games less for the season.  Also the runner on 1st rule pretty much takes ABs away from players cause you never have long 14-15  inning games anymore.  I love those  2-3 exrta ABs your hitters get in a 15 inning game. I pray that those 2 rules are not in place next yr. I hate them both.

Edited by mks
1 hour ago, mks said:

The Mets are 4 games already behind the rest of the LG if they lose this one make it 5. SO they will have five 7 inning DHs to play later in the season.  For every 7 inning DH a team plays they lose 4 innings of baseball.   IF they have 5 of them thats 20 innings of baseball lost which means the Mets wil play equal to 2 full games less for the season.  Also the runner on 1st rule pretty much takes ABs away from players cause you never have long 14-15  inning games anymore.  I love those  2-3 exrta ABs your hitters get in a 15 inning game. I pray that those 2 rules are not in place next yr. I hate them both.

Yeah not much you can do though.  And at least not all made-up games will be part of doubleheaders.  Some will be played on originally scheduled off days.

Red Sox and Twins postponed.  Surprise call just 10 minutes ago.  The teams had warmed up and no rain was falling yet.  No reason known yet.  Bad weather going to come or something else?  Stay tuned as you bench those players.

Edit:  Postponed NOT because of weather.  A shooting incident locally last night involving a cop (I don't know what it was and who shot whom) had happened so may be something involving that.  Twins are going to make an announcement soon.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Red Sox and Twins postponed.  Surprise call just 10 minutes ago.  The teams had warmed up and no rain was falling yet.  No reason known yet.  Bad weather going to come or something else?  Stay tuned as you bench those players.

Edit:  Postponed NOT because of weather.  A shooting incident locally last night involving a cop (I don't know what it was and who shot whom) had happened so may be something involving that.  Twins are going to make an announcement soon.

There was a shooting last night in Minnesota, a cop shot a man at a traffic stop which resulted in protests...

13 minutes ago, posty said:

There was a shooting last night in Minnesota, a cop shot a man at a traffic stop which resulted in protests...

Yeah just saw it on CNN.   Small town near Minneapolis an officer last night was said by his dept to have "accidentally" pulled his gun instead of his taser (taser was his intent that seemed to imply) and shot a man to death right in the middle of when the BIG trial is happening in Minneapolis so tensions are high.

Weird.  No announcement on the screen telling fans so still some fans in the stands BUT other fans were seen exiting the stadium.  Everyone seems confused.

No rain has fallen at all so still not weather.  Game has indeed been officially postponed according to NESN (Red Sox network). 

We will have to wait for details for the Twins official announcement they are suppose to make soon.

A MLB Network reporter -- according to NESN just now -- said game is postponed due to a curfew being put into place even though this was an early scheduled local 1 pm start.  Didn't catch who NESN said the MLB Network reporter was.  First name was John I believe so anyone with a twitter account can go sleuthing.

2 hours ago, mks said:

Rain outs/COVID cancellations don't have to be made up via double header though, do they?  They could potentially be made up on off days, travel permitting.  Either way, I don't think it's enough to impact long term decision making for fantasy.

5 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

I bet they play the rest of the series with no fans, they didn't want people from the burbs coming into the city maybe?

Could be but again it was a 1 pm start and all games of this 4 games series start at 1 pm local except the last game that is a noon getaway start time.  Seems a curfew happens at night.  The fact that this suddenly happened 10 minutes before game time AFTER both teams had warmed up etc must have caught the Twins by surprise so maybe they are doing the "abundance of caution" thing.

BTW Yahoo has the game officially PPD too at this point.  And NESN has gone to some old, canned Boston Bruins interviews with the strip at the bottom saying the ball game is postponed. Don't know why MLB Network just said delayed.  They aren't playing today.