NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Could be but again it was a 1 pm start and all games of this 4 games series start at 1 pm local except the last game that is a noon getaway start time.  Seems a curfew happens at night.  The fact that this suddenly happened 10 minutes before game time AFTER both teams had warmed up etc must have caught the Twins by surprise so maybe they are doing the "abundance of caution" thing.

BTW Yahoo has the game officially PPD too at this point.  And NESN has gone to some old, canned Boston Bruins interviews with the strip at the bottom saying the ball game is postponed. Don't know why MLB Network just said delayed.  They aren't playing today.

We'll find out more info later, but I am guessing they wanted people away from the city as soon as possible, even though curfew isn't until much later. This is similar to The sox baltimore series from a few years ago. I think the first game was cancelled and then played with no fans.

• Like 1
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baddoo strikes again

Go Yahoo!

If I knew how to meme, you'd be in trouble. 

1 minute ago, Picard56 said:

We'll find out more info later, but I am guessing they wanted people away from the city as soon as possible, even though curfew isn't until much later. This is similar to The sox baltimore series from a few years ago. I think the first game was cancelled and then played with no fans.

Yeah.  Now Rotoworld (err, NBC Edge, gag me) posted this:

Monday's game between the Red Sox and Twins in Minneapolis, Minnesota has been postponed.

The postponement isn't weather-related, but rather a response to protests in Minneapolis resulting from the shooting death of 20-year-old Daunte Wright by police this weekend. We should have more information soon about a makeup game.

Source: Jahmai Webster on Twitter               Apr 12, 2021, 1:57 PM ET

Of course Jahmai Webster is the baseball sideline reporter for NESN so this is still a NESN source.

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah.  Now Rotoworld (err, NBC Edge, gag me) posted this:

Of course Jahmai Webster is the baseball sideline reporter for NESN so this is still a NESN source.

The twins released a statement that they decided not to play cause of recent events.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

The twins released a statement that they decided not to play cause of recent events.

Okay thanks.  Finally more info.  Not about the curfew per se.

Monday's game between the Red Sox and Twins in Minneapolis, Minnesota has been postponed.

The postponement isn't weather-related, but rather a response to the shooting death of 20-year-old Daunte Wright by police this weekend. Per Twins president Dave St. Peter, the decision was made out of respect to Wright's family as well as community safety concerns. We should have more information soon about a makeup game and the outlook for the remainder of this week's series.

Source: Jahmai Webster on Twitter                   Apr 12, 2021, 1:57 PM ET

And hello MLB Network.  Want to catch up on the wording "postponed."

Also the Twins president is St Peter and St Paul is one of the Twin Cities?  Doubling down on the sainthood are they, hah.

• Haha 2

The NHL postponed the Blues-Wild game for tonight as well...
The NBA postponed the T'Wolves-Nets game for tonight also...

Edited by posty
15 minutes ago, posty said:

The NHL postponed the Blues-Wild game for tonight as well...
The NBA postponed the T'Wolves-Nets game for tonight also...

I’m surprised all the MLB games haven’t been postponed yet. It still might happen. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’m surprised all the MLB games haven’t been postponed yet. It still might happen. 

Those are just minnesota teams cancelling... I doubt there will be other ppd's. but I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Those are just minnesota teams cancelling... I doubt there will be other ppd's. but I could be wrong.

If I remember correctly the NBA postponed all games the last time we had a similar tragedy. 

26 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

If I remember correctly the NBA postponed all games the last time we had a similar tragedy. 

I know, but it looks like the games will still go on. Some players are opting out tonight

Game ppd in Minny because of a BLACK FEMALE police officer gunned down a 20 yr old boy in the streets during a traffic stop. He was pulled over for having air fresheners dangling from his rear view. They pulled him out after they found he had a warrant for arrest. He wiggled away and tried to bolt. Lady police officer thought she had her taser out...and smoked the dude point blank.

He attempted to drive away from the assault and later crashed after his heart stopped beating. His girlfriend witnessed it all riding shotty.

There is lots of unrest in the streets since the murder of this poor boy. Things may be cancelled for a while. We are not allowed to leave our house after 7pm unless emergency or work. Sad day here in Minny.

15 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Alejandro Kirk, first hit of the year will be off Gerrit Cole tonight. Book it.  Meme me if i'm wrong 

When are you coming back to take out Boring Reigns??  Could be an incredibly interesting storyline given who he associates with now..lol

• Haha 2
17 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

This gif seems very un-Cole-like. I didn’t know he smiled.