NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Wil Myers 2021 Outlook

Seems a boring name now which I guess is why he doesn't even have a thread this year.

But really improved last year with a career high .959 OPS and is off to a torrid start this year. Was a target of mine in drafts due to his depressed price and great lineup he's in.

I could see him being close to the league leaders in RBI's this year. With a 30HR season and decent AVG/ good OBP. Might still chip in a few steals too.

Very underrated guy who I think many overlooked had improved last year and has carried it over.

• Like 3

Got him in 2 leagues.  Only regret not having him in all.

You're right he seems a different player.  A true post hype sleeper.  The only limit will fall as to where they place him in the batting order.  Depends on how long Tatis is out for.  He could end up batting 5th or 6th.  Other than that this guy seems to have high skies.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Seems a boring name now which I guess is why he doesn't even have a thread this year.

But really improved last year with a career high .959 OPS and is off to a torrid start this year. Was a target of mine in drafts due to his depressed price and great lineup he's in.

I could see him being close to the league leaders in RBI's this year. With a 30HR season and decent AVG/ good OBP. Might still chip in a few steals too.

Very underrated guy who I think many overlooked had improved last year and has carried it over.

Michael Spinks is that you? 

• 2 weeks later...

Latest News

Apr 28, 11:12 PM EDT EDT

Myers was a late scratch for Wednesday's game against the Diamondbacks for precautionary reasons due to contact tracing, but he's since been cleared and is available off the bench.

Analysis

The 30-year-old was scratched from the starting nine shortly before first pitch, Wednesday, but there's apparently no cause for concern. Myers should be back in the lineup shortly after the precautionary absence in Arizona.

Looks like its nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

He left DURING the game for a positive Covid test?

At least he left the game when finding out. Justin Turner didn't in the World Series even though the protocols were he should have. Then after the Dodgers won he was celebrating with his teammates.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Still early but hope it does not follow pattern of previous years.  One month of superstar production and meh the rest of the season.  Wonder if COVID is lingering.

Edited by B&F

1 hour ago, B&F said:

Still early but hope it does not follow pattern of previous years.  One month of superstar production and meh the rest of the season.  Wonder if COVID is lingering.

He just hit two bombs recently. Weird time for this post I would say.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 6:53 AM, B&F said:

Covid wasnt the issue, he hurt his knee