NBC Sports Edge Forums

42 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

Weird Merryweather didn't come back out for the 9th

It is because:

Julian Merryweather is experiencing "left hip irritation," per Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo.

Merryweather entered for the final out of the eighth inning Tuesday night against the Yankees and also would have worked the ninth for a save opportunity had he felt well enough to do so. Montoyo said after the game that there were no further updates on the severity of the issue from the team's medical staff. Look for more information ahead of Wednesday's series finale versus New York.

Source: Rob Longley on Twitter      Apr 13, 2021, 10:35 PM ET

Of course Merryweather is injured.  Why not.  It has been that kind of night.

Scattered on one or two of my three teams tonight were Strasburg, Castillo, Luzardo, Taillion, Lopez, Neris and even Spencer Howard.  Makes Nola and Means and their over 5 plus ERAs my "aces" of the night.   😣

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fantasy baseballs stupid and I hate it

The reverse rush2112

I started Castillo and Gausman today. 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It is because:

Of course Merryweather is injured.  Why not.  It has been that kind of night.

Scattered on one or two of my three teams tonight were Strasburg, Castillo, Luzardo, Taillion, Lopez, Neris and even Spencer Howard.  Makes Nola and Means and their over 5 plus ERAs my "aces" of the night.   😣

UGH! What a f'n night.  That is some rough luck there. I had Luzardo and Neris on 2 teams. Not good. 

12 hours ago, FUM said:

I knew something was off with Strasburg tonight.  He’s walking around like an old man, looking slow and wincing every so often.  He’s breaking down.  Won’t last the season like we all probably knew.

He got paid with his contract extension and hasn't been the same since...  No need to be...

• Like 1