• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reason #28,941 why everyone should use the DH:  

Imagine thinking Vlad wouldn't be a good hiiter 😂😂

I had Paxton. I had Bumgarner. I have Fried. I have Merryweather. I have Soroka. I have Yarbrough. My pitching is injured/ineffective gutter trash. I also have Baddoo. Life is fun again.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

Kluber is riding the pine for me but hope he shows some signs of life.

Same for me. I'm treating him as a IL stash. Notoriously slow starter. Not expecting him to return to cy young form, but I think he's better than he is pitching the last two starts.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

276747879_ScreenShot2021-04-14at11_53_04AM.png.4dfb4ceb6845d79948282ea5f14719c5.png

image.png.736e435edd4d50300b321408aadfae54.png

IMO this is taking these advanced stats way too far...  I really miss the older days when new stats weren't being developed/created every day for no reason...

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

No Yelich again... Dude needs to get a massage stat.

Jesus, Joseph and Mary...hope he doesn’t go to the massage therapist that did Carlos Correa. Likely will break his back!

Citing wOBA and xWOBA individually for pitchers after 2-3 starts is silly based on what we know about how long those stats take to stabilize.  Citing xWOBA - wOBA compounds the error.  I'm not as sour on Kluber as some (though I'm definitely not starting him today) but that "analysis" is not a good reason to roll him out there.

• Like 1

I know we normally root FOR pitchers to be good in these threads, but I already had starts from Nola, Gausman, and Castillo and really need to root against my opponents pitchers today. 

Go to hell, Musgrove!

(I'm screwed)

• Haha 1

Judge hits a Homer and starts his tease streak of homeruns to bait  us all into buying into him again. But then has soon has you do BAM he gets hurt. Don't fall for again.

Edited by mks
29 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I know we normally root FOR pitchers to be good in these threads, but I already had starts from Nola, Gausman, and Castillo and really need to root against my opponents pitchers today. 

Go to hell, Musgrove!

(I'm screwed)

Here I'll join you. I knew it was you McCullers that drank my almond milk! You know I am lactose intolerant! Suck it

• Haha 1