NBC Sports Edge Forums

Pretty happy I didn't listen to that dude that was all NEVER AGAIN about Rodon after his first start. Whatever happens tonight, it's clear that the dude is a different pitcher. Whether it's just being healthy, in better shape, playing for a contract, I don't care. Rodon is legit.

• Like 2
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reason #28,941 why everyone should use the DH:  

Imagine thinking Vlad wouldn't be a good hiiter 😂😂

I had Paxton. I had Bumgarner. I have Fried. I have Merryweather. I have Soroka. I have Yarbrough. My pitching is injured/ineffective gutter trash. I also have Baddoo. Life is fun again.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

When I watched it, it looked like he wasn’t sure if it would stay fair. Didn’t really look like a pose to me. 

So what if he did, is there service time requirements to celebrate a HR? Dude's earned it, we all know it could disappear quickly. Not directed at you specifically. 

Just now, mavsfan23 said:

So what if he did, is there service time requirements to celebrate a HR? Dude's earned it, we all know it could disappear quickly. Not directed at you specifically. 

The number of people who profess to like baseball yet want to eliminate as much of the cool/fun stuff from the game is utterly baffling.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

I think you maybe should’ve quoted the guy I quoted. 

4 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Pretty happy I didn't listen to that dude that was all NEVER AGAIN about Rodon after his first start. Whatever happens tonight, it's clear that the dude is a different pitcher. Whether it's just being healthy, in better shape, playing for a contract, I don't care. Rodon is legit.

He's thrown more change ups than sliders tonight too. If he has a third pitch, especially if it's equal to his second, then this is fully legit. 

3 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Umpire for caught up in the moment, run Chang up on a ball 3 inches inside

Ehhh it was close enough 😆 On some angles it may have crossed the plate.

23 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

I honestly think it is mostly his velocity.  If he can maintain this velocity I bet he will be a very solid pitcher ROS.  

16 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

He's thrown more change ups than sliders tonight too. If he has a third pitch, especially if it's equal to his second, then this is fully legit. 

Yup, that's what convinced me today -- along with the sustained high velo. Potentially three plus pitches and he's controlled them very well so far. You take a flyer on these type of high-upside guys late in your draft for a reason.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So this Dustin May guy looks kinda good 👀

Rockies away from home typically have a way of doing that - much moreso without Arenado this year so far.

Just now, murraygd13 said:

4.15 ERA with a 1.8 WHIP against a bad Rockies team is solid?

I might’ve included just a bit more of a trace of sarcasm, I agree

Hope LA keeps the lead and Gonzalez gets a vulture W. Doesn't look like he gonna sniff any svs any time soon though. Maybe in G2 of a DH when 3 lefties are up in a row.

4 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

What happened to the pitching this week lmao. 

I playing a guy in one of my lgs that has Burnes and Rodon going today. His pitching is just fine

2 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I am looking forward to revisiting the galaxy brain takes people used to justify not taking Acuna #1 overall 

Whould a guy taking Soto over Acuna really be wrong?