NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NBC Sports Edge Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

Sidearmer

Seriously, don't they have an editor? It literally takes 10 seconds to read and fix it....

The job is to drink beer and misspell/use horrible grammar and make many errors while posting notes about baseball...

Where do I sign up¿

Edit: took me 10 secs...

Edited by tucker26

Seriously, don't they have an editor? It literally takes 10 seconds to read and fix it....

The job is to drink beer and misspell/use horrible grammar and make many errors while posting notes about baseball...

Where do I sign up¿

Edit: took me 10 secs...

I would have failed 4th grade had I turned in the work they do.

it's only a space, but I think it looks funny.

Athletics released OF Day an Viciedo.

The veteran slugger opted out of his deal and was granted his release from the Athletics. He'll look to latch on elsewhere on a minor league pact.
Day an.
Edited by SpecialFNK

Well this explains why the Reds are such a mess this season. They don't even understand how trading works....

Jon Morosi of FOX Sports reports that the Reds are in active discussions with the Reds about acquiring right-hander Mike Leake.

The Giants have been mentioned as possible suitors for nearly every starting pitcher on the market thus far, they simply haven't had the necessary pieces to land any of the top options. They could have enough to get Leake though, and he would certainly help to add stability to the back of their rotation as they attempt to defend their World Series title
Edited by Sine_cera
  • Like 2

Yeah he sure got the two outs quick alright... he was in the bullpen.

Alex Wilson worked a scoreless ninth inning to pick up his second save, sealing Wednesday's 2-1 win over the Royals.

Wilson got two quick outs, but allowed a single to Salvador Perez. Jarrod Dyson pinch-ran for him and promptly stole second base, but Alex Rios hit a fly out to end the game. Wilson is expected to handle the lion's share of save opportunities over the final two months with Joakim Soria gone. He's 2-for-2 since the Soria trade and overall has a 1.75 ERA with a 33/8 K/BB ratio in 57 1/3 innings.

Melvin Upton Jr. went 2-for-2 with a double off the bench Wednesday and is batting .288 in 589 at-bats since the beginning of July.

Upton probably prefers it this way, but if the Padres had traded his brother, he'd be getting quite a bit more playing time right now. He got off to a slow start after first coming off the DL in June and he still has just two homers on the season, but he hasn't been bad lately.

Apparently, he takes up 4 or 5 of the Padres nine spots in the order.

• Like 1

Brett Anderson was taken for seven runs in five-plus innings, earning a loss on Monday against the Nationals.

Through five innings, the only blemish on Anderson's record was a two-run home run to Ian Desmond in the second. He fell apart in the sixth, allowing two doubles followed by two doubles, a single, a walk, and another single before getting chased from the game with no outs. The lefty gave up 10 hits and three walks overall while only striking out one. Anderson's outing ends a nine-start streak in which he held the opposition to three or fewer earned runs. He'll bring a 3.43 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, and an 87/36 K/BB ratio over 128 2/3 innings into a weekend home start versus the Reds.

Welington Castillo went 2-for-4 with a solo home run and a three-run triple as the Diamondbacks trampled the Phillies on Monday.

Castillo drilled a solo home run to right-center in the fifth inning, pushing the Diamondbacks' lead to 5-2. In the sixth, he struck the big blow in a six-run outburst with a bases-clearing triple. Castillo is one of the hottest hitters going right now, with eight home runs in his last 12 games. He's batting .266/.346/.574 with 15 home runs and 36 home runs overall. Aug 11 - 12:45 AM

Well, that's impressive.

get ready for some serious stat corrections come monday: turns out, peralta didn't play in each of arizona's six games this week like the stupid box scores said. i hate fantasy baseball!!!

Player Notes

David Peralta went 2-for-3 with a solo home run, three total RBI and a walk in Saturday's win over the Braves.

Advice: Peralta drove home his runs in a variety of ways, recording an RBI single in the first, a solo home run in the fourth and a sacrifice fly in the fifth. A quad injury kept him out of action for most of the week, but he looked just fine on Saturday. In 326 at-bats, he's slashing a strong .304/.370/.528 with 12 home runs and 63 RBI. It's been a successful sophomore campaign to this juncture.

According to Rotoworld Chris Davis hit a HR off his own teammate:

Chris Davis hit a walk-off home run in Saturday's 4-3 win over the A's, the second of two long balls he launched on the day.

Davis' homered in the fourth inning, a two-run shot off Orioles starter Miguel Gonzalez, then cracked a solo shot in the bottom of the ninth to send the fans home happy. He's been one of the best hitters in baseball since the All-Star Break, slashing a terrifying .327/.411/.765 with 15 home runs and 36 RBI over 27 games. The numbers are simply staggering. For the season, he's hitting a just-slightly-less terrifying .259/.342/.555 with 34 home runs and 88 RBI.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Mets manager Terry Collins announced Saturday that Jacob deGrom will have his next start pushed

back. (Collins had been scheduled to work on Tuesday. The Mets believe that some extra rest will help him heading into the postseason. The right-hander has already logged a career-high 181 innings this year and was knocked around by the Marlins his last time out. He owns a sparkling 2.64 ERA, 0.99 WHIP and 189/36 K/BB ratio on the season.)

Apparently...

Terry Collins = waiver wire ace

Unfortunately, I think most of us missed out on him.

• Like 1

• New Player Note Tue, Sep 22

Jordan Zimmermann will start Friday instead of Thursday due to a stiff neck.

Advice: That means he'll get the Phillies instead of the Nationals -- a nice boost to his potential for a strong fantasy start. The neck thing doesn't sound too serious.

More: Chelsea Janes on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

the "neck thing" might not be a big deal now, but how's it going to feel after zimmermann throws 200+ pitches while pitching for both teams on friday?

matt williams has to go.

• Like 1

• New Player Note Tue, Sep 22

Jordan Zimmermann will start Friday instead of Thursday due to a stiff neck.

Advice: That means he'll get the Phillies instead of the Nationals -- a nice boost to his potential for a strong fantasy start. The neck thing doesn't sound too serious.

More: Chelsea Janes on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

the "neck thing" might not be a big deal now, but how's it going to feel after zimmermann throws 200+ pitches while pitching for both teams on friday?

matt williams has to go.

I just saw that haha

The Phillies instead of the Orioles actually IS a huge boost but Rotoworld botched that analysis

• 2 weeks later...

Fernandez struck out nine, but he gave up a career-high 11 hits. This comes six days after he allowed a career-high nine hits to the Braves. The truth is that he shouldn't have tried to pull off a return from the biceps strain he suffered in August, but while he wasn't quite his usual self following his comeback, at least it doesn't seem that he made anything worse.

the part I bolded is pretty presumptuous

• tonycpsu changed the title to NBC Sports Edge Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread