NBC Sports Edge Forums

NBC Sports Edge Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

Madison Bumgarner (finger) hopes to be cleared to resume a throwing program when he visits the doctor Tuesday.

He'll start with playing catch before progressing to long-toss, bullpen sessions and facing hitters. It's unclear how many rehab starts Bumgarner might need, but the feeling is that he should be ready to return in late when when eligible. The left-hander has been out all season with a fractured left pinkie.
Apr 29 - 4:02 PM

Glad to see he will be ready to return in late (insert your own month I guess).

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day there was a thread that posted many of the many misses in the Rotoworld/Sportsedge universe. Seems as good of a time to resurrect as any.  For example did you know Ronald Acuna an

I guess Turnbull is going to try and pitch to Gary with his left today... seriously how do you write for a fantasy site and not even know which hand a dude throws with. 

Posted Images

I present: Josh Bell

Matchup Rating (4/30 @Was)

Bell is hitting just .233/.275/.337 with one home run and 13 RBI against right-handed pitching this season, and is posting a .525 OPS over the last 14 days.

• New Player Note Mon, Apr 30

Josh Bell finished 0-for-4 as the Pirates fell to the Nationals on Monday.

Advice: Bell is now sporting a .232 batting average and .614 OPS through 123 plate appearances this season. He continues to bat cleanup, but Pirates manager Clint Hurdle is probably tempted to make a change there.

(Rotoworld.com)
  • Player Note Thu, Apr 26

Josh Bell went 0-for-4 against the Tigers on Thursday and is batting just .240/.302/.344 in 96 at-bats.

Advice: In spite of his struggles, Bell has driven in 15 runs in the Pirates' 25 games. He could do big things in the RBI category if he can hang on to the cleanup spot this year, and he should begin to warm up soon.

(Rotoworld.com)
Michael Conforto is in Monday's lineup against the Reds.
Conforto was on the bench for the last two days, but he'll start in center field and hit leadoff against Homer Bailey. The 25-year-old is batting just .184/.344/.263 through 24 games this season and hasn't homered since Opening Day. May 7 - 3:25 PM

Conforto didn't play on Opening Day. He missed the first week and homered in his first game of the season.

Blue Jays acquired 3B Giovanny Urshela from the Blue Jays for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

Urshela was designated for assignment on Friday after being activated from the 10-day disabled list with a hamstring injury that had kept him from playing in 2018. In two half seasons with the Indians, the 26-year-old third baseman has hit .225/.273/.314 with seven homers. He's an excellent defender at the hot corner, but that won't give you any fantasy value.
  • 4 weeks later...

Some interesting ones came across my phone the last couple days:

wvREFy9.png

Somehow Olson won and Lowrie lost, despite playing for the same team.

M3jhIrt.jpg

This one was a little unsettling this morning.

• Haha 4

Boxberger's not in danger of losing his job, but he might be in danger of being in danger of losing his job.

• New Player Note Wed, Jun 6

Brad Boxberger blew the save Wednesday in the D’Backs’ extra-innings loss to San Francisco. 

Advice: Boxberger let up two runs in the ninth inning with both coming on a pinch-hit, two-out homer by Alen Hanson. The blown save was his first since May 8 against the Dodgers, which was also the last time he allowed a home run. Boxberger has had a rough June so far (11.57 ERA) but he’s not in any danger of losing his ninth-inning role, at least not yet. 

(Rotoworld.com)

Royals traded OF Jon Jay to the Diamondbacks for LHP Gabe Speier and RHP Elvis Luciano.

Jay was signed to a one-year deal by the Royals prior to the 2018 season, and the veteran outfielder performed well for Kansas City; hitting .307/.367/.374 with a homer and three stolen bases in his 59 games. He should get a chance to play regularly for Arizona -- especially when you consider the dearth of injuries to their outfielders -- hitting near the top of the lineup against right-handed pitchers. The deal should help his fantasy prospectus, and certainly won't hurt it.

This one is me being a vocabulary nerd, but that's not what dearth means.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, overkill94 said:

Royals traded OF Jon Jay to the Diamondbacks for LHP Gabe Speier and RHP Elvis Luciano.

Jay was signed to a one-year deal by the Royals prior to the 2018 season, and the veteran outfielder performed well for Kansas City; hitting .307/.367/.374 with a homer and three stolen bases in his 59 games. He should get a chance to play regularly for Arizona -- especially when you consider the dearth of injuries to their outfielders -- hitting near the top of the lineup against right-handed pitchers. The deal should help his fantasy prospectus, and certainly won't hurt it.

This one is me being a vocabulary nerd, but that's not what dearth means.

I was coming to post the EXACT same thing. Someone needs to open a dictionary at RW. 

Rays recalled SS Willy Adames from Triple-A Durham.

Adames has returned with Daniel Robertson (hamstring) hitting the disabled list. The highly-touted prospect had a brief stint with the big club last week, but he could have an extended stay this time around. Adames, 22, was batting .286/.356/.424 with four homers and three steals over 54 games in Triple-A this season. Assuming the at-bats are there, he should be on the mixed league radar.

He was up May 22-24. That was 2.5 weeks ago.

33 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Rotoworld needs a copy editor...badly. Someone(s) who reads over every blurb and fact-checks every blurb before it's sent out. 

One thing I’m seeing pop up all the time lately is “X pitcher for the Twins pitched well in a win over the Twins” or some other repeated team. Not sure if it’s the same guy who does that regularly or a team-wide problem.

Not that I’m a guy that pays for fantasy content, but if I were the quality of the blurbs alone would keep me from purchasing anything Rotoworld has to offer

And if I foolishly didn’t allow that to keep me away, reading the awfulnesss that is the monthly Top 300 article would.

Edited by Junkie Cosmonaut

Kenta Maeda allowed two earned runs, five hits and three walks with a strikeout over five innings in a no-decision Wednesday against the Rangers.

Maeda wasn't terribly sharp, but one of his walks were of the intentional variety. He did hit a batter with a pitch, and he threw first-pitch strikes to just 14 of the 23 batters he faced. Maeda has managed quality starts in just two of his past seven outings. He'll look for better results Monday, but it's a tall order working against the Rockies in the rarefied air of Coors Field.

Dodgers are @ Wrigley on Monday.  They do not play the Rockies next week nor do they play at Colorado on any Monday over the remainder of the season.  Puzzling error.
  • Haha 1

J.T. Realmuto went 3-for-4 with two home runs and four RBI in Saturday's 5-4 win over the Orioles.

Both dingers came off human batting tee Alex Cobb -- a two-run shot in the third inning and a solo shot in the sixth. Realmuto drove in another run with a single. The catcher has a .309 batting average with nine home runs and 26 RBI on the season. He spent the first three weeks of the campaign on the disabled list. Jun 16 - 7:41 PM

giphy.gif

Moncada...The new Ohtani...

Yoan Moncada went 2-for-3 with a walk as the White Sox's leadoff hitter Monday against the Indians.

That'll push his ERA back up over .300. Moncada was hitting .269/.358/.492 on this day a month ago, but his OPS is down from .830 to .703 since then. The White Sox will remain patient, and there's good reason for fantasy owners to hold tight as well.

• Like 1
YES!!! Pollock is back!!! oh wait....

5788.jpg

A.J. Pollock | Outfielder | #11

Team:  Arizona Diamondbacks
Age / DOB:   (30) / 12/5/1987
Ht / Wt:   6'1" / 195
Bats / Throws:  Right / Right
College:  Notre Dame
Drafted:  2009 / Rd. 1 (17) / ARZ
Contract:  view contract details
Share: 
Arizona Diamondbacks

LATEST NEWS

RECENT NEWS

Jarrod Dyson collected his 13th steal of the season on Friday against the Pirates.
Dyson went 1-for-5 with a double on the night. The speedster has received a chance at playing time in center field with A.J. Pollock (thumb) sidelined, but he hasn’t done much with the bat to take advantage. He’s hitting just .182/.280/.260 through 60 games. Jun 23 - 12:21 AM

does rotoworld understand what bounce back is??

Joey Lucchesi allowed just one hit and two walks over four scoreless innings with four strikeouts Monday in Texas in a no-decision.

Lucchesi threw just 41 of his 70 pitches for strikes, including just five first-pitch strikes against the 15 batters he faced while also unleashing a wild pitch. He was unable to stick around long enough to qualify for the win, and then Robert Stock and Craig Stammen came on to cough up five runs - four earned - in the sixth inning to take the loss. The rookie will try to bounce back Sunday against Jameson Taillon and the Pirates at Petco.

Salvador Perez (hand) believes he'll be able to play in Friday's contest with the Mariners.

Perez left Wednesday's game against the Orioles after taking a foul tip off of his forearm that caused him to lose feeling in his hand. The Royals have an off-day for Perez to recuperate, and he expects to be all systems go for Friday's game in Seattle. Consider him day-to-day, but it looks like he avoided anything that will cause a trip to the disabled list.

Salvador Perez left Wednesday's game against the Angels after being injured by a foul tip off his right hand in the ninth.

Perez was replaced by Drew Butera. Hopefully this is just a precautionary removal, but we'll have more information on what the injury is and the severity of it when we have that information; likely after the game.
Related: Drew Butera

Not wrong once but twice and completely different teams each time. I think this might be a new low for these clowns 
Edited by Junkie Cosmonaut
  • Like 1

And the awfulness continues

Matt Kemp - OF -  Dodgers

Matt Kemp will serve his one-game suspension on Wednesday against the Cubs.

Kemp's suspension comes as he was ejected for arguing a called third strike against the Cubs last Tuesday. He'll be unavailable for Wednesday's game, but will return on Thursday against Chicago.

This is not why Kemp is suspended.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This one just made me chuckle:

Eric Lauer allowed one run on seven hits over five-plus innings in Thursday's win over the Diamondbacks.

Jake Lamb knocked Lauer for an RBI single in the second inning, but that was it in terms of run-scoring action on his watch. Padres skipper Andy Skipper gave the 23-year-old southpaw a fair bit of leash to start the sixth inning, but he finally trotted out to the mound to relieve Lauer from duty after his young starter opened the frame surrendering a double to A.J. Pollock and issuing a walk to Steven Souza. He struck out two and walked two on the evening. While Lauer is still saddled with a bloated 4.84 ERA and 1.76 WHIP in 14 starts, he's now allowed two or fewer runs in four of his last five outings. He'll try to keep the good times rolling in a home date with the Dodgers when he next toes the rubber.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

3.jpg

MATTHEW POULIOT

7 Christian Yelich      
8 J.D. Martinez      

2019 OF rankings. Yelich over Martinez, typo I'm sure.

Yeah that one is pretty odd. I just took a look at the list and uhhhh why is Manny Margot #26? Am I missing something? 

• Thanks 1

"

Major League Baseball announced Wednesday that Josh Hader will not be suspended for his past racist and homophobic tweets.

That ugly Twitter history was uncovered as Hader was pitching in the eighth inning of Tuesday night's All-Star Game. Most of the tweets were sent when Hader was 17 years old (in 2011-2012) and he apologized in the National League clubhouse after the game, telling a scrum of reporters that he was "ready for any consequences" that might come. Here is the statement from MLB: "During last night's game we became aware of Mr. Hader's unacceptable social media comments in years past and have since been in communication with the Brewers regarding our shared concerns. After the game, Mr. Hader took the necessary step of expressing remorse for his highly offensive and hurtful language, which fails to represent the values of our game and our expectations for all of those who are part of it. The Office of the Commissioner will require sensitivity training for Mr. Hader and participation in MLB's diversity and inclusion initiatives."  "

Some of Hader's offensive tweets came from 2016... yet RW and others are lumping that in with the 2011-2012 stuff.  
21 hours ago, DidiFan said:

Yeah that one is pretty odd. I just took a look at the list and uhhhh why is Manny Margot #26? Am I missing something? 

Pouliot's rankings are consistently awful. Just read into the list and you can see there's about 50 guys way off. Or better yet, save your time and don't read his rankings at all :) 

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to NBC Sports Edge Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread