NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who to Drop for Joey Votto? WHIR

10 team roto league with saves plus holds instead of saves as a category. My 1B and CI situation is pretty terrible. I'd like to pick up Votto, but I really want to give Vaughn a few more days (he's supposed to play regularly the rest of the week) to see if he produces. With that in mind, do I have any obvious drop candidates for Votto right now? Or should I wait, see how Vaughn does and hope that Votto's still available this weekend? My drop options (right now) are probably Senzel or one of my RPs. Thanks for the help. 

C-Grandal
1B-Cron
2B-Merrifield
SS-Seager
3B-ILHayes (India filling in)
CI-Vaughn
MI-Correa
OF-Soto
OF-Castellanos
OF-Meadows
OF-Blackmon
OF-Haniger (or Senzel)
UTIL-Ohtani

SP-Darvish
SP-Scherzer
SP-Snell
SP-Wheeler
SP-Ohtani
SP-Eflin
SP-IL-Valdez
RP-Reyes
RP-Clase
RP-Karinchak
RP-Merriweather
RP-Knebel
RP-Garrett

Do you have 2 or 3 IL slots? If 3, & Merryweather goes on the IL, then you have an open slot for Votto. If 2, I would consider dropping Merryweather, as I can see TOR really taking their time with his return. He had back tightness in ST & believe various injuries in the past. This way you have Vaughn & Votto, to see how they do the next 3-4 games. Should Vaughn struggle, think you could still pick Merryweather back up. 

Agree with most in that I'm not crazy about Votto - has to be somebody else you like more. Do you have any other bench bats or is that the entire roster?  I'd prefer to wait and see with Vaughn, but I'm not crazy about him either.  If you have to drop somebody for Votto today, I'd drop Knebel - even though I like him.