Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alex Kirilloff 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This forum sure goes from “slightly above average regular” to “league winner” real quick...

beat writer:  Alex Kirilloff is going to DH for the Saints today, beginning a rehab assignment. If that goes smoothly, he'll play the outfield tomorrow. If things go well, there's a chance it's o

Because people want to win their leagues.  

2 minutes ago, B&F said:

If he keeps this up he is going to win leagues.

could be true! also, side note: one more start at 1b and he will be eligible there in yahoo

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a scalding hot take that once Sano returns; it will go

 

sano - 1B 

Arraez- 2B 

Kiriloff-LF 

 

and Polanco who is straight terrible will be the odd man out.  And he can fit in when Simmons/Donaldson/any of the above are injured or need a break 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can definitely see Polanco’s PT in danger if the Twins manage to stay healthy for a long stretch. Of course, with the injury histories in that lineup (Buxton, Donaldson, Sano) there will usually be someone out. Kirilloff should be safe regardless though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 11:34 PM, acunajrmvp said:

Yup definitely needs to be owned in all leagues. This kind of upside can win fantasy leagues. Favorite to win rookie of year in AL. 

On his way to rookie of the year. Not afraid to say it. See you in September. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

So, is he a must add? Don't know much about him but he seems to be raking. Is his role for ROS confirmed?

 

Yes must add in my opinion. I grabbed him last night and had no room for him and am now trying to dump off some of my other outfielders in trades. Hes the one

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Yes must add in my opinion. I grabbed him last night and had no room for him and am now trying to dump off some of my other outfielders in trades. Hes the one

Fair enough

I'm having a hard time trying to find a drip on my squad to make room

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He should definitely be added, but I’d keep expectations reasonable. He’s up to 12k in 39 PAs to only one walk. The HR are great, but pitchers will adjust and he’ll have to adjust to that. It’s a bit early to be proclaiming him a league winner or ROY. Let’s see how he progresses and see what happens to his BA/OBP. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, B&F said:

If he keeps this up he is going to win leagues.

 

Yeah, fingers crossed he keeps up that .184 avg to win all those leagues for those who have him rostered! DOMINATION!

 

People call like 25% of the players in the league nowadays "league winners". It's become such a loose term that people throw around so casually to anyone on a hot streak. LOL. With the parameters people have set for how easy it is to be a league winner, in a 12 team league, each roster should have 5-6 "league winners". LOL.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

Yeah, fingers crossed he keeps up that .184 avg to win all those leagues for those who have him rostered! DOMINATION!

 

People call like 25% of the players in the league nowadays "league winners". It's become such a loose term that people throw around so casually to anyone on a hot streak. LOL. With the parameters people have set for how easy it is to be a league winner, in a 12 team league, each roster should have 5-6 "league winners". LOL.

I  do see a lot of that on here. Kind of like how any pitcher that's pitched 20 really good innings is an ACE!!  Depending on your league settings, fantasy baseball is all about identifying the holes on our teams and filling them with available players.   With injuries and just flat out slumps/bad performance I usually require 5 or 6 "kiriloffs" .   One of the extreme few, if not only, league winner I remember was Mike trout I'm his rookie year.  His 5 category superstardom  production that (in my league) was added for very minimal cost was enough to make an okay-average team into an excellent one.  I am very excited to own Kiriloff, but he will not win any leagues on his own.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I  do see a lot of that on here. Kind of like how any pitcher that's pitched 20 really good innings is an ACE!!  Depending on your league settings, fantasy baseball is all about identifying the holes on our teams and filling them with available players.   With injuries and just flat out slumps/bad performance I usually require 5 or 6 "kiriloffs" .   One of the extreme few, if not only, league winner I remember was Mike trout I'm his rookie year.  His 5 category superstardom  production that (in my league) was added for very minimal cost was enough to make an okay-average team into an excellent one.  I am very excited to own Kiriloff, but he will not win any leagues on his own.

 

Agreed. Pujols fits the bill from back '01 as well.

IMO the tag "league winner" needs to revert back to being a rare label that actually means something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

IMO the tag "league winner" needs to revert back to being a rare label that actually means something.

It applies are lot more accurately to fantasy football, where one player can carry a team (e.g., Kamara his rookie year or prime Gurley), than it does to fantasy baseball or fantasy basketball where you need contributions from the entire team to win. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

Agreed. Pujols fits the bill from back '01 as well.

IMO the tag "league winner" needs to revert back to being a rare label that actually means something.

Same goes for 2017 Judge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cheppy said:

Same goes for 2017 Judge.

That's actually a pretty good one. Forgot about him, but he absolutely piled on the stats as a ww pickup for most people.   Unlikely that Kiriloff does that.  Moot point really, he should be universally owned and no one that frequents these threads is likely humming and hawing over picking him up.  We've reached the "let's pat ourselves on the back" point of this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

He should definitely be added, but I’d keep expectations reasonable. He’s up to 12k in 39 PAs to only one walk. The HR are great, but pitchers will adjust and he’ll have to adjust to that. It’s a bit early to be proclaiming him a league winner or ROY. Let’s see how he progresses and see what happens to his BA/OBP. 

 7Ks in 32 PAs vs RHH isn't that bad. Already touched on why walks will be scarce and why he may look ugly vs LHP.

Should also note he not done anything off breaking balls so far, but he actively looking for FBs and his swing rate vs breaker is lower. So he's not trying either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

On the bench against a righty, effing rocco

Exactly what I was thinking.  Must need some rest from running around the bases the last 4 nights

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...