NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alex Kirilloff 2021 Outlook

11 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

It was a 360 from. 24 hours ago where he said it was a concern.  

If he did a '360,' that means he spun around and was right back where he started from.

• Haha 3
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This forum sure goes from “slightly above average regular” to “league winner” real quick...

beat writer:  Alex Kirilloff is going to DH for the Saints today, beginning a rehab assignment. If that goes smoothly, he'll play the outfield tomorrow. If things go well, there's a chance it's o

Because people want to win their leagues.  

9 hours ago, Overlord said:

If he did a '360,' that means he spun around and was right back where he started from.

Yes...but it could be like one of those 80s cartoon 360 spins where he has a new outfit on after he spins around!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 5/6/2021 at 7:31 AM, Cesare13 said:

Yes...but it could be like one of those 80s cartoon 360 spins where he has a new outfit on after he spins around!

"It doesn't appear to be the most minor of things."

24a9aeed58210983b0703b5f669bd61c-original.jpg

"I'm optimistic it won't be an extended absence."

anime_baseball_xd_by_gabrielaestefania-d644ydy.png

• Haha 2

Well that's going from one extreme to the other. So he may be OK but also he could need surgery. If surgery is still considered an option, that tells me this is something that'll affect him all season even if he does return.

Just now, Blood Brother said:

Well that's going from one extreme to the other. So he may be OK but also he could need surgery. If surgery is still considered an option, that tells me this is something that'll affect him all season even if he does return.

Yeah, he was on the IL twice with the wrist issue in 2019. In dynasty I’d almost rather he have the surgery and just get right for next season, otherwise it seems this will keep recurring.

3 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

So he might be back in a week or they might have to amputate? Baldelli is quickly climbing the list of my most hated managers in baseball thanks to unnecessarily ambiguous updates like this one. Right now he's slotted behind D.Roberts (who just outright lies) and Alex Cora because, you know, cheaters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

So he might be back in a week or they might have to amputate? Baldelli is quickly climbing the list of my most hated managers in baseball thanks to unnecessarily ambiguous updates like this one. Right now he's slotted behind D.Roberts (who just outright lies) and Alex Cora because, you know, cheaters. 

No A.J. Hinch?

There already was talk about him trending towards first base. Does another wrist injury make that more likely? Obviously, his dynasty value is lower as a 1B instead of a OF.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ace_King said:

There already was talk about him trending towards first base. Does another wrist injury make that more likely? Obviously, his dynasty value is lower as a 1B instead of a OF.

Why is that obvious? If anything, 1B is a harder position to fill than OF

id much rather have him be a 1B(as compared to OF). It helps for better position scarcity and health longevity. 

Edited by gregp
On 5/5/2021 at 6:38 AM, StartYourStuds said:

Pain in the anatomic snuffbox and a scaphoid fracture makes some sense as well... that would not be good either as that typically requires surgery due to the lack of blood supply to that bone and the risk of necrosis. Imaging tests sometime don’t pick up scaphoid fractures the first go around and if minor, could actually not realize it’s broken until aggravating it (a la sliding into second base or swinging a bat aggressively).  This is pure speculation but hoping for the best for the young man.

Please tell me snuffbox is actual medical terminology. 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Any update since Saturday?

thanks!

According to a Twitter source from a guy who does a podcast in Minnespta and has 17k followers, Alex himself said he thinks he'll be back soon and surgery is unlikely.   Take that for what it's worth, which is pretty much nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Non Rocco Baldelli quote updates are the best. Still has some hurdles to clear, but this sounds optimistic. 

Alex Kirilloff (wrist) has been cleared for weight room activities and is expected to test out his swing this weekend.

The Twins prospect has been sidelined with a right wrist sprain since May 4 but has been completing hand strengthening exercises in order to make his way back. Kirilloff was really starting to heat up before being shut down, hitting four home runs, three doubles, and 11 RBI in his last seven games. Hopefully, the 23-year-old responds well to baseball activities as both the Twins and fantasy managers eagerly await his return.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

He’s in the wire in my league and I want in. Is he worth it?

Depends who is replacing.  He is batting 5th vs. RHP in a good lineup.  Was raking before he was hurt.

He could be Ke"Bryan Hayes part two though.

5 hours ago, B&F said:

Depends who is replacing.  He is batting 5th vs. RHP in a good lineup.  Was raking before he was hurt.

He could be Ke"Bryan Hayes part two though.

Providing

if everyone is healthy when he comes back I have a feeling he replaces Sano at first. Think the Twins  move on from Sano by either a trade, burying him in the minors, or just letting him go. Only on the books for about 24 million  the next 2 years.

5 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

He’s in the wire in my league and I want in. Is he worth it?

Extremely sss, but he was leading the league in barrel % and among the league leaders in exit velocity after his 0-17 start ( read an article, can’t find the source).  He was supposed to contribute in avg right away and possibly grow into his plus power.  But given what we’ve seen, in again a small sample, he could exceed those expectations as well.  Even those the wrist is a massive concern, he likely won’t last in many leagues if it’s announced he’ll play.  So if possible, get ahead of the curve.  I’d rather toss him away in a week if he can’t play and go hunting for another gem rather than watching him be a fantasy stud on another team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 mins agoMinnesota Twins outfielder/first baseman Alex Kirilloff (wrist) was on the field taking grounders during warmups ahead of Friday's game against the Athletics. Manager Rocco Baldelli also noted that Kirilloff has progressed to taking dry swings. There is still no timetable for the talented prospect's return to action, though it would certainly be a good sign if he can progress through activities such as these without setbacks. If that's the case, then perhaps the wrist issue is one that Kirilloff can manage without surgery, meaning his return to action could be shortly after he's eligible to come off the injured list. Fantasy managers should stay tuned for updates on Kirilloff's progress and a potential timetable for his return.--Tim Capurso - RotoBaller

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

easy sell once hes back. age, inj history ect if you can get 75% value for him or package him i think thats the smart move considering he was free.

Who would want to buy? Lol 

and what’s the point in selling for 75 percent value. I’m confused.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Who would want to buy? Lol 

and what’s the point in selling for 75 percent value. I’m confused.

because hes young unproven on a heater with a chronic or at least reoccurring wrist inj.where surgery has been mentioned.

if he can be the sweetener to get an elite player for a very good/great player id ship him off as the 2nd piece

Edited by colepenhagen
Posted (edited)

Expecting not a whole lot.  Wrist injuries rarely turn out well. 

A shame.

Edited by B&F