NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Alex Kirilloff 2021 Outlook

9 minutes ago, B&F said:

Expecting not a whole lot.  Wrist injuries rarely turn out well. 

A shame.

I'll hold for a bit amd maybe the exit velocity and hard hit rate will provide some early indication. Not nearly as excited as I was 2 weeks ago   FWIW,  everyone and their dog was saying how Matt Olsen would be awful after he came back for his 36 hr /545 AB season

Posted (edited)

I was hoping it would be  a quick "surgery = cut, or back soon = keep" type of thing the way it was described in the rotoworld blurb.  But according to mlb.com, the mri revealed a "deeper" issues than his last 2 MRIs on that wrist (4 weeks, 2.5 weeks).  However, he was told that plenty of hockey players and tennis players get that injury and play through the pain, so its possible he's back sooner. Kiriloff himself called the visit "encouraging" and is taking grounders and fly balls without insident, and hitting off a tee and taking it day by day.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/musgrjo01.shtml

Even in some keepers, not sure if the upside is worth the wait.  Sounds like a roster tie up to me.  I'll try to wait a bit to see if he's hitting bombs on bp or in a minors stint.  Hopefully we have more information in a week.  Would have been much easier if he hadnt had that awesome surge just before he got hurt.  

Thoughts in redraft? Keeper? 

Edited by Cesare13

4 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

I was hoping it would be  a quick "surgery = cut, or back soon = keep" type of thing the way it was described in the rotoworld blurb.  But according to mlb.com, the mri revealed a "deeper" issues than his last 2 MRIs on that wrist (4 weeks, 2.5 weeks).  However, he was told that plenty of hockey players and tennis players get that injury and play through the pain, so its possible he's back sooner. Kiriloff himself called the visit "encouraging" and is taking grounders and fly balls without insident, and hitting off a tee and taking it day by day.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/musgrjo01.shtml

Even in some keepers, not sure if the upside is worth the wait.  Sounds like a roster tie up to me.  I'll try to wait a bit to see if he's hitting bombs on bp or in a minors stint.  Hopefully we have more information in a week.  Would have been much easier if he hadnt had that awesome surge just before he got hurt.  

Thoughts in redraft? Keeper? 

I dropped him in my league as soon as he hit the IL. It felt like a multi week thing and my IL was already full and then some.

beat writer: 

Alex Kirilloff is going to DH for the Saints today, beginning a rehab assignment. If that goes smoothly, he'll play the outfield tomorrow. If things go well, there's a chance it's only a few days before he's back, Rocco says.

Even mentioned the CLE series as a possibility.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

Another one today. Absolutely smoked. Should be back with the twins tomorrow or Saturday, make sure he's not on your wire.

Left handed batters usually have difficulty with high eat.  Amazing.  If he can stay healthy there is something special here.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Why is this guy so hyped?  I don't get it.  In the games he played this season he was not very good.  

He started out like 0-18 or something and then caught fire.  He’s a stat cast darling with off the charts hard hit% and barrels who hits to all fields and is hitting in the heart of a really good lineup.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Why is this guy so hyped?  I don't get it.  In the games he played this season he was not very good.  

Because when he was "terrible" he wasn't striking out that much and was connecting with like every ball he hit (96mph avg ev), but they went straight into gloves. It was only a matter of time before those hits started falling or leaving the park, and it started to happen then he got hurt

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Because people want to win their leagues.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

Because when he was "terrible" he wasn't striking out that much and was connecting with like every ball he hit (96mph avg ev), but they went straight into gloves. It was only a matter of time before those hits started falling or leaving the park, and it started to happen then he got hurt

So what are your projections for him the rest of this season?

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

Yeah he's probably no good in your batting average only league

• Like 1