NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fantasy busts of the year 2020/2021

1.Anthony Davis - even healthy he was GTD almost every single game.. i think this year he entered my "never again" list, since he is simply not worth the trouble..

2.SGA - hyped before season, and than rested and injured.. even healthy he was barely top.50 player (taken in 2 -3 round)

3. Jo Morant - no jumper, high turnovers, injury at the season begining.. he is not even top 150 now (often taken in 2 round)..

Continue...

Edited by Akauders
  • Like 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The entire season has been a bust

Definetly LaMarcus Aldridge. Never seen such a decline from one season to the next (except for injuries) when a dude stays with the same team.

Calling John Collins a bust when he's 41 overall for the season doesn't really make much sense. Yes his ADP was around late 2nd/early 3rd, but people with common sense wouldn't dare draft him higher t

To me - I think it was JJJ. For the few of us who added him with expectations to be a game changer late in the season, we're shaking our heads now - still waiting on when he said "I'll be back quicker than you think"

I was lucky enough to swap out AD for Harden early in the year before he got to Brooklyn

I mean idk if you can consider somebody a fantasy bust if they’re injured. I always thought a fantasy bust was for a relatively healthy player that simply didn’t reach expectations!

Non injury related busts - Hassan Whiteside, Ben Simmons, Kelly Oubre Jr, LaMarcus Aldridge, Lou Williams, Eric Bledsoe, Ja Morant

Busts due to injuries (not really their fault but still sucks for those who drafted them) - Anthony Davis, SAG, DLo, LeBron, FVV, Jusuf Nurkic, John Wall, Mitchell Robinson, Victor Oladipo, Caris LeVert, 

Ayton was a disappointment at the beginning of the season, at least now he is playing better. 

Bagley was straight trash, thought he could have a breakout season but instead he was never a really good option and then got injured.

Nurkic / JJJ / SGA as already mentioned 

NURK has to be the poster boy for this. 

Tatum in a low-key way, was supposed to be borderline first rounder. Luka was supposed to be a possible first overall. Booker was supposed to be better than last year (though anyone who knows should know CP3 takes assists from off guards).

SGA, Morant are good candidates but I was not fooled into buying personally.

Other overpriced "stars": Ayton, Siakam, JJJ of course, Trae, Collins, Mitch.

Later rounders: LMA, Bazley, Dort, Wiseman, Ant Edwards, Oubre

You guys are tripping... SGA did start off the year slow and is now injured, but in between he was living up to his draft status (got him with the last pick in the 2nd). He is not a bust in the same tier as AD, Ja, JJJ, or Nurk. Granted, I did trade him ata high price before his injury so I may be watching through Rose colored glasses. 

John Collins, Aldridge, Mitchell Robinson, and Whiteside were huge busts. 

I think that the most infuriating busts have been Ayton and Collins though. These guys got picked at the end of the 2nd/ top of the 3rd and have been pretty trash. They’re only ranked highly (in points leagues) because they’ve been lucky to not have missed many games due to injury in this weird COVID. They wouldn’t be top 50 players in a regular season. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Non injury related busts - Hassan Whiteside, Ben Simmons, Kelly Oubre Jr, LaMarcus Aldridge, Lou Williams, Eric Bledsoe, Ja Morant

Busts due to injuries (not really their fault but still sucks for those who drafted them) - Anthony Davis, SAG, DLo, LeBron, FVV, Jusuf Nurkic, John Wall, Mitchell Robinson, Victor Oladipo, Caris LeVert, 

In what world is FVV a bust??? I got him in the 5th and was around top 15 prior to his injury. 

• Like 2

Nurk and Bledsoe are my 2 picks.

I have Simmons and while he has been a** the last month, he's averaging 15/8/7 on 55% FG vs. his career numbers of 16/8/8 on 56% FG.  I can't call him a bust if he's doing exactly what I drafted him to do.

and I also agree with Luka. granted, he's been healthy so not a complete bust, but ranking outside the top20 when you were picked top5 in most leagues, is pretty disappointing.

dont think most are using the term bust correctly.

anybody that went in the early couple rds returning top 50 value isnt a bust ayton, sga ect

anybody inj isnt a bust. anyone can get inj anyone cant get rested.

a bust is a player that didnt sniff close to the adp in pergame value while healthy.

nurk and morant are only 2 that i see non inj related early rd bust

whitside, adams lma, bledsoe for middle rds

• Like 1
1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

anybody that went in the early couple rds returning top 50 value isnt a bust ayton, sga ect

a bust is a player that didnt sniff close to the adp in pergame value while healthy.

Nurkic has only played 20 games this year. Granted he's been awful in all of them, but he falls under category of injury-related bust, for me.

Think Morant/LMA take the cake. Booker was a borderline first rounder who's ranked 61 by Yahoo right now, so that sucks; but he's really rescued his value since the season began, he was in around the century mark earlier this year. I suppose you could throw Simmons in there as some have, but that guy gets overdrafted every year IMO and anybody who thought he'd produce top 25 value has no one to blame but themselves (although even in punt builds he's been disappointing by past years' standards).

Honestly even having not played fantasy in a couple years I was surprised at how highly Whiteside was touted. There was no way I thought he would've produced like he did in POR with that crowded frontcourt in SAC.

23 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

I wouldn’t say a guy who was drafted in the first round but produced top-50 value isn’t a bust. AD, for instance, had an ADP in the top 5 and he never came close to that per game when he was healthy. I consider him an enormous bust even if he was top 50.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

You guys are tripping... SGA did start off the year slow and is now injured, but in between he was living up to his draft status (got him with the last pick in the 2nd). He is not a bust in the same tier as AD, Ja, JJJ, or Nurk. Granted, I did trade him ata high price before his injury so I may be watching through Rose colored glasses. 

John Collins, Aldridge, Mitchell Robinson, and Whiteside were huge busts. 

I think that the most infuriating busts have been Ayton and Collins though. These guys got picked at the end of the 2nd/ top of the 3rd and have been pretty trash. They’re only ranked highly (in points leagues) because they’ve been lucky to not have missed many games due to injury in this weird COVID. They wouldn’t be top 50 players in a regular season. 

Calling John Collins a bust when he's 41 overall for the season doesn't really make much sense. Yes his ADP was around late 2nd/early 3rd, but people with common sense wouldn't dare draft him higher than 3rd round because of Capela. I was able to take him for 31 bucks in an auction (which is early 3rd round) and I am very satisfied with the production I got from him. He went $1 cheaper than Nurkic in that league so I was pretty happy with that. I expected dips in pts, rebs, and blks, but I expected great percentages and low turnovers and that's what I got.

• Like 3