Fantasy busts of the year 2020/2021

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The entire season has been a bust

Definetly LaMarcus Aldridge. Never seen such a decline from one season to the next (except for injuries) when a dude stays with the same team.

Calling John Collins a bust when he's 41 overall for the season doesn't really make much sense. Yes his ADP was around late 2nd/early 3rd, but people with common sense wouldn't dare draft him higher t

10 hours ago, ghstuddachamps said:

Excluding all the injured players, Morant is probably the biggest bust in my eyes. Average points, average assists, weak steals, weak FG%, no 3s, bad FT%... Hopefully he's still got a lot of development ahead of him because this year has tempered my expectations a bit. 

He's going to be a great value buy next season. 

On 4/14/2021 at 10:53 PM, Apollo_87 said:

More than Half of my draft was a bust - LMA, Coby White, Horford, Bazley, Jeff Teague, Brandon Clarke, Wiseman.

High risk team right there. I wish it worked out for you.

6 hours ago, Spyplane said:

High risk team right there. I wish it worked out for you.

I've found myself during the draft when a target player(s) are taken right before my turn. Clock ticking. Unsure who to pick due to lack of prior draft research. And I end up taking someone due to name recognition who is aging with bad knees and will make my dump pick list lol.

On 4/15/2021 at 10:23 AM, 80version said:

This thread aggravates me only because I drafted Nurk in 6/10 leagues (always in the 3rd rd).  You can guess how my season’s going.. 

AD: drafted top-3 and has given very little relative to where he got picked.  Idc if he’s been injured, even when healthy he was a massive disappointment given you build your team around him and expect huge contributions — so a lot of managers strategy crumbled apart when the backbone of their team went M.I.A.  That’s a killer. 

I am surprised there aren’t more mentions of Trae.  Drafted in the 1st, sitting at like #60 overall in 9-cat.  Even in a punt FG%/TO build he barely cracks top-20 in per game value.  Yuck.  Glad I traded him earlier in the season. 

This is why auction leagues are better because you can draft for depth to make up for injuries. I drafted Nurk in 3 of my 4 money leagues and 2 of those 3 teams I'm in position to win. The guy has given me pretty much nothing this season but I was able to overcome it with a deep team and obviously working the wire well.