NBC Sports Edge Forums

Make this Freeman/Lindor trade?

12 team, 6 keeper, 5x5 scoring, with quality starts instead of wins. I have been offered Freddie Freeman, Marcus Semien, and 1 of Carlos Rodin, Casey Mize or Alex Cobb in return for my Francisco Lindor and Lucas Giolito. Your thoughts on whether to accept or not are? 

Who are your other SP? If you have a good group of SP, then I would probably make the deal, since you are upgrading 1b or CI spot with Freeman, while also getting a decent SP & SS in return. If I have to pick 1, I lean Mize, then Carlos. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Who are your other SP? If you have a good group of SP, then I would probably make the deal, since you are upgrading 1b or CI spot with Freeman, while also getting a decent SP & SS in return. If I have to pick 1, I lean Mize, then Carlos. 

Other SP are Bieber, Kershaw, Bundy, and Ian Anderson. 

3 minutes ago, spud said:

Other SP are Bieber, Kershaw, Bundy, and Ian Anderson. 

Solid SP staff. I think you could make that deal for Freeman & company. Beiber & Kershaw give you 2 SP1, while Bundy, Anderson, & whichever SP you get in return, should help you out at 3-5. 

4 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

X2

I'd take the Freeman side easily.  Not a big Lindor fan anymore.  He's got a tough bullpark and had a bad year last year.  I don't even think Semien will be that far away when all is said and done.  Then it's Freeman and Mize for Giolito.  Easy win.

Please help

On 4/15/2021 at 1:45 PM, KingJoffrey said:

I'd take the Freeman side easily.  Not a big Lindor fan anymore.  He's got a tough bullpark and had a bad year last year.  I don't even think Semien will be that far away when all is said and done.  Then it's Freeman and Mize for Giolito.  Easy win.

Completely agree here, this was exactly what I was going to say.

59 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

Lindor side

The Freeman easily is baffling 

That's what I'm saying, glad I'm not the only one. 2.5 weeks into the season and you're saying a top 10 SP and a top 5 SS (in a DEEP SS position) is so plainly lesser than the #2/#1 1B in a deep 1B position, a SS not even in the top 10 of SS and a few guys with upside (granted I'm on the train for both) but to say this is a lop-sided trade is crazy.

• Like 1

Lindor and Freeman are pretty damn even. Giolito is far better than any of those SPs. Semien is a one year wonder. No idea how anyone says Freeman side easily. I’d take Lindor/Giolito side all day 

• Like 1