NBC Sports Edge Forums

This was one of the more maddening offseasons I can remember for Cleveland. Why acquire Gimenez AND Rosario? Or, after realizing acquiring Rosario was a mistake, why not get something (anything!) for him before the complete failure of an experiment in CF? It can really be boiled down to this: If Jake Bauers is a regular in your starting lineup, things have gone terribly awry.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Acuna

Not fantasy related, but did y'all see the guy who got Justin Turner's HR in his plate of nachos last night?  Turner hooked the guy up with another order of nachos and the Dodgers gave him a new hoodi

Remember when people thought Vlad wouldn't be good? 🔥🔥        

2 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Anderson of the IL for the White Sox and it looks like he is leading off

On Yahoo the blurb clearly stated he was being activated today.  If he has the IL on him at game time that does NOT stop him from getting stats on your fantasy team.

3 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Minter is not the guy to close out a nine run game.

Minter may get a WIN. 2 on no outs

Edited by weakkneeswilly
16 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

This was one of the more maddening offseasons I can remember for Cleveland. Why acquire Gimenez AND Rosario? Or, after realizing acquiring Rosario was a mistake, why not get something (anything!) for him before the complete failure of an experiment in CF? It can really be boiled down to this: If Jake Bauers is a regular in your starting lineup, things have gone terribly awry.

I thought Naylor would be OK, and I know it's only been two weeks, but he's been awful too

11 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Smith has pitched 4/5 last days. Dude needs a breather.

Sean Newcomb pitched only one inning yesterday and it was his only time in 5 games.  He has looked really sharp so far.  More than sharp enough for a one run game.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Pine tar Pineda sure looked good today. 

He is now transitioned into a control pitcher.  His fastball was running around 89 today which is his new normal according to the Sox announcers anyway.  But he had control of a variety of pitches that confused the batters totally and pinpoint control.  And a clean neck, heh.

5 hours ago, Baur10 said:

Go Fat Mike!

1165504745.jpg.0.jpg

18 IP, 17K, 3BB, and 2 ER on the year so far.  Hasn't allowed more than 3 runs since August of 2019.  Relatively weak division.  Slider looks good.  Haven't seen any signs of pine tar on him yet!

EDIT: someone beat me to the pine tar joke 😪

Edited by Baur10
3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Pine tar Pineda sure looked good today. 

One of my all-time favorite ejections. Love how the ump just had to be sure this giant stripe was on his neck before nonchalantly tossing him.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, FearTheHawk said:

Cleveland's one good hitter provides the offense.

I honestly can't believe he ever sees a hittable pitch.