NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Acuna

Not fantasy related, but did y'all see the guy who got Justin Turner's HR in his plate of nachos last night?  Turner hooked the guy up with another order of nachos and the Dodgers gave him a new hoodi

Remember when people thought Vlad wouldn't be good? 🔥🔥        

6 of the 9 Diamondback hitters have yet to make an out after two turns through the batting order. At least Corbin gets to face the pitcher once an inning.

2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

What choice do we have

I think this is the type of situation where people get screwed holding. I’m dropping for Luke Weaver, as pathetic as that sounds. Corbin may turn it around but I’m not seeing enough upside to wait. 

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

I think this is the type of situation where people get screwed holding. I’m dropping for Luke Weaver, as pathetic as that sounds. Corbin may turn it around but I’m not seeing enough upside to wait

Well, I want to be as diplomatic as possible here, but I would say: F no.

• Like 1

As far as Corbin's future upside - I think the ace from 2018/19 who lived off his unhittable slider is gone. He doesn't have the fastball velocity or the slider movement to pull that off anymore.

I think he can reinvent himself as a junkballing multi-pitch lefty, but do you really want to hold him and risk more outings like tonight in hopes that he becomes Mark Buehrle or Marco Gonzales?

10 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

As far as Corbin's future upside - I think the ace from 2018/19 who lived off his unhittable slider is gone. He doesn't have the fastball velocity or the slider movement to pull that off anymore.

I think he can reinvent himself as a junkballing multi-pitch lefty, but do you really want to hold him and risk more outings like tonight in hopes that he becomes Mark Buehrle or Marco Gonzales?

More like a Madison Bumgarner

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

Same for Corey Seager..  what a joke

Dodgers have the best record in baseball right now. This really sucks for any of us who have a Dodgers hitter, but it's probably a really smart real life move. 162 games is a long season. They've got some incredible depth so they should use it to keep everyone healthy and performing at an optimal level. I know it's still early but I'm really considering selling (somewhat) low on any LA hitters I've got.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Dodgers have the best record in baseball right now. This really sucks for any of us who have a Dodgers hitter, but it's probably a really smart real life move. 162 games is a long season. They've got some incredible depth so they should use it to keep everyone healthy and performing at an optimal level. I know it's still early but I'm really considering selling (somewhat) low on any LA hitters I've got.

This is exactly right..they are either champs or the season is a bust in their eyes, as well it should be

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Hasn't been an issue for Muncy for some reason.  Not sure if I'm just getting lucky or what the deal is but he seems like one of the few guys on that white team who plays almost every day. 

We'll see how that plays out. 

32 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

I get the logic but I really hope the MLB doesn't turn into the NBA in that the regular season becomes irrelevant.  

• Like 1

Just checked MLB and saw the DBacks vs Nats score .... sonofaB I have Corbin pitching so that's ugly ... oh wait I have AssDribble and Locastro filling in for my injured / Covid IL guys ... those 2 must be killin it tonight ... check my team ... the only 2 in the DBacks lineup that have done ZERO ... Good Night Irene

• Haha 1