NBC Sports Edge Forums

14 team, H2H, keep up to 3.  Standard scoring, except OPS replaces average & QS replaces wins.

Was offered Bryce Harper & Greg Holland for Max Muncy & Amir Garrett.  Here's my team.  Am I overthinking this, or should I just jump on it asap?

Would probably drop Pollock to pick up Jed Lowrie to play 2B.

C  Gary Sanchez
1B Rhys Hoskins
2B Max Muncy
3B Jose Ramirez
SS Bo Bichette
OF Nick Castellanos, Kyle Schwarber, Ian Happ
UT Jarred Walsh

Bench AJ Pollock, Nick Senzel

SP Gerrit Cole, Clayton Kershaw, Pablo Lopez
RP Amir Garrett, Yimi Garcia 
P Jesus Luzardo, Gregory Soto

Bench: Frankie Montas, Griffin Canning, Jake Odorizzi

IL  Carlos Carrasco, Framber Valdez

Jump on it. This is the type of trade that's so good you just accept it and worry bout the rest (i.e., who you'll play at 2B) after.

Help with mine? 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Hang onto Hollywood. Next counter offer & dangle a mt straight up for only cheese steaks. 

I don’t know what a mt is.

Unhelpful as always.

Edited by 89Topps

Dissecting the numbers, you're not looking at much of an improvement here.  This may actually weaken your team moving Lowrie into the lineup as opposed to keeping Muncy while rotating Walsh and others in your UT spot.

I'd probably still do the deal though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, I like baseball said:

Dissecting the numbers, you're not looking at much of an improvement here.  This may actually weaken your team moving Lowrie into the lineup as opposed to keeping Muncy while rotating Walsh and others in your UT spot.

I'd probably still do the deal though.

Good analysis. I don’t disagree. I could use Harper’s speed though.

And Zach KcKinstry is also available at 2nd

Is Happ still 2B eligible as well? Although I would still make the trade and look for someone like Lowrie or McKinstry as insurance. I like the way this composes your bench, because they all have strong platoon splits and you won't have a hard time knowing who to sit and who to start. Also I think Holland has way more job security in K.C. than Garrett does in CIN right now, where the pen is a total mess. Garrett still has the top spot but could be one bad outing away from losing it, and none of the potential threats to Holland in the K.C. pen seemed poised to emerge right now.  

9 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Is Happ still 2B eligible as well? Although I would still make the trade and look for someone like Lowrie or McKinstry as insurance. I like the way this composes your bench, because they all have strong platoon splits and you won't have a hard time knowing who to sit and who to start. Also I think Holland has way more job security in K.C. than Garrett does in CIN right now, where the pen is a total mess. Garrett still has the top spot but could be one bad outing away from losing it, and none of the potential threats to Holland in the K.C. pen seemed poised to emerge right now.  

That was my thought on the closer swap as well.  I like Amir, but, "eh".  Guys pop up all year.  Kendall Graveman is available as well, who I might like more than both anyway.

Was honestly thinking about picking up Lowrie AND McKinstry.  Can platoon both of them at 2B, then rotate Schwarber, Senzel, Happ & Walsh in and out of that 3rd OF & UT spot based on matchups.

And no, Happ is not 2B eligible, unfortunately.