NBC Sports Edge Forums

Claim the Yerminator? Even If I Have No Place to Play Him?

I think I'm talking myself into using my no. 1 waiver claim on Yermin Mercedes (10 team league). The downside is I already own Grandal (my C) and Ohtani (my UTIL). so I don't really have a place to play him. Would you still use the claim? And, if yes, who would you drop? Keep in mind this is a Saves + Holds leagues. T

I bolded who I think are my possibly drop candidates (to save you time), but feel free to suggest someone else. Also, I'm skeptical that I'll be able to trade Grandal. I already tried to shop him to the teams with weak catchers and they had no interest. 

MY TEAM (10 team roto league with one keeper per team)
C-Grandal 1B-Votto 2B-Merrifield SS-Seager 3B-*Hayes (India) CI-Cron MI-Correa UTIL-Ohtani
OF-Soto OF-Castelanos OF-Meadows OF-Blackmon OF Haniger
SP-Darvish SP-Scherzer SP-Snell SP-Wheeler SP-Ohtani SP-Rogers SP-*Valdez
RP-Reyes RP-Clase RP-Karinchek RP-Knebel RP-Garrett RP-*Merriweather

For those suggesting using the no. 1 waiver claim on Mercedes who would you recommend dropping? Options are bolded below. 

MY TEAM (10 team roto league with one keeper per team)
C-Grandal 1B-Votto 2B-Merrifield SS-Seager 3B-*Hayes (India) CI-Cron MI-Correa UTIL-Ohtani
OF-Soto OF-Castelanos OF-Meadows OF-Blackmon OF Haniger
SP-Darvish SP-Scherzer SP-Snell SP-Wheeler SP-Ohtani SP-Rogers 
RP-Reyes RP-Clase RP-Karinchek RP-Knebel RP-Garrett RP-*Dolis RP-*Merriweather
BENCH.W.Franco

17 hours ago, thatguy725 said:

I would save it for someone you plan to use everyday and I would hate to waste it on a guy that is just on a hot streak right now. 

Yeah, I'm with this guy. 

No 1B eligibility for Grandal either? If Yermin is C eligible and you also had the option of putting Grandal in there for Cron or Votto on occasion, maybe then. What are your league requirements for addl. eligibility?  It's tempting, however, it's a 10-team league, and you're likely to see some very impatient drops soon. I've seen the likes of Brandon Lowe, Gleybar Torres and Luke Voit released in 12-team leagues already, so I think sit tight and see who hits the wire in coming weeks.