NBC Sports Edge Forums

Acuna worth in a keep forever league? WHIR

Nope. In that format I'm not budging on him for anything less than an absolutely ludicrous return, and as great as Cole/JRam/Kershaw are they are 30/28/33 respectively.  If this is a league you expect to last for long time that's potentially 5-10 years age difference.  Not even factoring in the risk of drop off being as high as it is in pitchers.  Hard for me to justify moving a guy like Acuna in that format without getting back a Soto, Tatis or even Vlad aged/talent type plus.  If the centerpiece of the deal is a late 20s guys like Ramirez/Betts/Turner/Yelich/Story etc I need more than 2 30+ year old pitchers in a dynasty forever league.  

• Like 1

Yes Acuna is the unquestioned #1  and on a tier by himself.  But sbs DO dry up.  Even the elite young sb guys had a drop off after like 2 or 3 years.  Without the steals, he doesn't have the elite ++ in the other categories that trout did.   I'm not saying that he won't be the absolute best for a few years still, I'm saying that he likely won't be the 1a guy for a decade.  That said, he's not untouchable,but yes, a package like the one you described would be a good return.  I'd want all 3 guys to likely be high level performers for 5 years though.  Jram and kershaw likely won't be that.

Everyone has a price and no one should be untouchable.  No one knows what will happen a year, two, or even 5 years down the road.  You may not even be playing in that fantasy league anymore.  If there's a package that you feel will help you will significantly increase your chances at multiple titles or cash multiple times, it's something to consider.  A Cole/Ramirez base for a trade would be a very strong foundation for a trade.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Acuna is reaching God tier (if he hasn't already). I'm trying to figure out if something like Acuna for Cole-JoseRam-Kershaw is even enough to sell him.

If I were to trade Acuna I'd want to be certain that the other team overpaid.  Another thing to consider is how many keepers do you have?  If you only get a handful of keepers, the most elite are more valuable.  If you can keep 10 or more, a lot of quality is more valuable.  

On 4/15/2021 at 7:40 PM, hailtoyourvictor said:

Acuna is reaching God tier (if he hasn't already). I'm trying to figure out if something like Acuna for Cole-JoseRam-Kershaw is even enough to sell him.

IMHO there is no such thing as a "keeper forever". Acuna could not have started this season any better, he has nowhere but down to go from here. Not knowing your leagues scoring, size, your roster now etc. Cole and Ramirez is more than a  fair return, Kershaw is just icing on the cake. 

I'm honestly not sure why people come on these boards asking if a return is good enough for guys like Acuna and Soto in a keeper. Shop them; you should get an offer from every manager in the league.

I think Cole - JoRam - Kershaw is about as fair for Acuna as you can ask if you're trying to win now and don't care about the future (Cole and JoRam aren't that old). But if I'm the other owner I wouldn't offer that for Acuna.

Help with mine?

On 4/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, Hanghow said:

I'm honestly not sure why people come on these boards asking if a return is good enough for guys like Acuna and Soto in a keeper. Shop them; you should get an offer from every manager in the league.

Weird gripe

On 4/23/2021 at 7:22 PM, enyouartist said:

You think Cole and Jram is way too much for Acuna? 😳

Ok, maybe not way too much.

But I'm not trading Cole, best pitcher not named DeGrom, and a top 3 3B.