Adolis Garcia 2021 Outlook

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welp    edit: I deserve the 5 notifications I get daily from this thread 😞 

Also read where he is already preparing for the adjustments he knows he will need to make. He has been feasting on fastballs so far. He is going to begin seeing a steady diet of offspeed pitches and i

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Overlord said:

How many homeruns?  How about ... 69.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952a4ffe0e3a22b7c62fc

Ok please tell me otherwise it will bother me for days - what was that from again?

Was it “The Voices”?

Edited by BMcP
Just now, Overlord said:

Showgirls.

Really?!  Wow - I’m getting a re-education this evening! 😅

Yes, thank you, remember now

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 10:02 AM, murraygd13 said:

Remind me of Aquino from a few years ago.  Could be good for a month or two, once the league figures him out, he'll be toast.

Hasn’t homered since May 26th...

57 minutes ago, treyjuice said:

Hasn’t homered since May 26th...

Yep its a power outage in Texas. He wiffs way to much

Edited by mks

We knew this would happen. Hard%, barrel% and exit velocity are all great. However, his BB% is in the gutter and his K%, whiff% and chase rate are through the roof. Much better player in 5x5 than points leagues.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

We knew this would happen. Hard%, barrel% and exit velocity are all great. However, his BB% is in the gutter and his K%, whiff% and chase rate are through the roof. Much better player in 5x5 than points leagues.

Apparently not everyone knew this could happen 🙄 

4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Some savvy managers would have been working their bench coaching skills the last couple weeks.

Power hitters are streaky.

The HR's will return and it's not like he's fallen off a cliff.

He's still at .272 on the year and has 4 RBI in his last 5 games.

He strikes out alot but so does everyone, it seems, in baseball today.

As long as he's productive with the ones he doesn't miss and he keeps that AVG. above Mendoza, the coaches will be satisfied and so will I.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

It was fun while it lasted, goodnight sweet prince.

Nah, don't think he's done yet. Just a rough patch. Doesn't help that he just went against Kershaw/Bauer/Buheler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, brockpapersizer said:

Nah, don't think he's done yet. Just a rough patch. Doesn't help that he just went against Kershaw/Bauer/Buheler.

I would be more worried about having to start Nicholas Pivetta than Garcia 

• Haha 1

Some of his advanced metrics still look good.

Edited by B&F

He's slowed down which isn't shocking. It happens to literally every player. Now we'll see how he bounces back. He's still been in my lineup every day cause there's just too much upside to bench

• Like 2
2 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

It was fun while it lasted, goodnight sweet prince.

LOL, really?  A guy doesn't even have a slump but just a less than hot spell and you trash him?  Why?  This is baseball.  No player in the history of the game stays white hot forever or even red hot.  I see absolutely no evidence that the "sky is falling, the sky is falling."

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

LOL, really?  A guy doesn't even have a slump but just a less than hot spell and you trash him?  Why?  This is baseball.  No player in the history of the game stays white hot forever or even red hot.  I see absolutely no evidence that the "sky is falling, the sky is falling."

He just needs to hit that next homer.

0/4 with 3 strikeouts and 1 double play today.  The line has dropped to 268/300/515.    In the last month he is hitting 243 with a 704 OPS.   In his last 15 days 227 with a 585 OPS and 1 HR, 0 SB.   The league appears to have figured him out, and his production may not be so sustainable for a full season after all.

On 6/13/2021 at 9:12 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

It’s a lot harder to break out of slumps with a 6th percentile walk rate and 12th percentile k rate (and third percentile chase rate and 12th percentile whiff rate) 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

It’s a lot harder to break out of slumps with a 6th percentile walk rate and 12th percentile k rate (and third percentile chase rate and 12th percentile whiff rate) 

I find your lack of faith disturbing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Teoscar Hernandez says hi