Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adolis Garcia 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

It’s a lot harder to break out of slumps with a 6th percentile walk rate and 12th percentile k rate (and third percentile chase rate and 12th percentile whiff rate) 

I get what you are saying but I don't know, is it? Walking less means more ABs will be by swinging... If you are going up there hacking I would think you could work through it faster possibly... But it's also a component of your head and if you got your stuff together up there attacking the right pitches, even if aggressive.

Charlie Blackmon had excellent walk and wiff rates this year and was useless for about a month and a half.

Hard to say... But one thing is for sure it is definitely uglier with more wiffs.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welp    edit: I deserve the 5 notifications I get daily from this thread 😞 

Also read where he is already preparing for the adjustments he knows he will need to make. He has been feasting on fastballs so far. He is going to begin seeing a steady diet of offspeed pitches and i

Posted Images

On 6/12/2021 at 11:57 PM, mks said:

Yep its a power outage in Texas. He wiffs way to much

 

On 6/13/2021 at 3:38 PM, murraygd13 said:

It was fun while it lasted, goodnight sweet prince.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952b5b7899d305f6f52d

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2021 at 6:38 PM, murraygd13 said:

It was fun while it lasted, goodnight sweet prince.

Adolis was sent to his room, you kissed him goodnight, he's supposed to be sleeping... But he tricked you, he snuck out the window, he's up late quietly mashing HR... 20 bombs the year.

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2021 at 4:51 PM, Wieties said:

Power hitters are streaky.

The HR's will return and it's not like he's fallen off a cliff.

He's still at .272 on the year and has 4 RBI in his last 5 games.

He strikes out alot but so does everyone, it seems, in baseball today.

As long as he's productive with the ones he doesn't miss and he keeps that AVG. above Mendoza, the coaches will be satisfied and so will I.

 

I NEVER quote myself...'

But I'm gonna quote myself...

Things look mighty different 10 days later 😜

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wieties said:

 

I NEVER quote myself...'

But I'm gonna quote myself...

Things look mighty different 10 days later 😜

Yeah, I mean he went through a rough patch, went through some good rotations. It was a normal regression.  Nobody should have  really expecting him to be a stud week in and week out. Glad he's hot again.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 4:32 AM, Fbaseballgod said:

Please don't pick this guy up

  • No prospect pedigree
  • Horrific K/BB rate
  • Is going to rank your batting average, 250 is pretty much his ceiling
  • Has already gotten lucky in his his sample so far (WoBA: 368, xWoBA: 338)

Feeling pretty confident about this one

Best advice I never took.

Conversely, how about a shout out to lucky 3 who saw big things in mid-April:

Have a feeling this guy is going to be a great pick up. He hit .375/.389/.781 with 4 2Bs, 3 HRs, and 4 SBs in 32 ABs during spring training. He is a physical specimen with power and speed. He's started the last 3 games after transferring to the 40-man and being called up from the alternate site. He's hit in all 3 games going oppo for a triple last night that looked to be a HR but was reversed after video review. It was almost an inside the park HR as well after review called him out at home. Redeemed himself with an opposite field HR tonight while batting cleanup. Go get him...

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think he will hit over .270, 30 hrs, 20 sbs. He has been electrifying and will continue laying the smacketh down on opposing pitchers (and our opponents that did not believe in him).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrfrood said:

I still think he will hit over .270, 30 hrs, 20 sbs. He has been electrifying and will continue laying the smacketh down on opposing pitchers (and our opponents that did not believe in him).  

u accidentally hit the "3" instead of "4" on your post about HRs

 

honest mistake

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Wieties said:

Best advice I never took.

Conversely, how about a shout out to lucky 3 who saw big things in mid-April:

Have a feeling this guy is going to be a great pick up. He hit .375/.389/.781 with 4 2Bs, 3 HRs, and 4 SBs in 32 ABs during spring training. He is a physical specimen with power and speed. He's started the last 3 games after transferring to the 40-man and being called up from the alternate site. He's hit in all 3 games going oppo for a triple last night that looked to be a HR but was reversed after video review. It was almost an inside the park HR as well after review called him out at home. Redeemed himself with an opposite field HR tonight while batting cleanup. Go get him...

 

Thanks for the shout out, Wieties. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes, right?! 😆 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys I’ve figured it out, every time I criticize Garcia in this thread he immediately goes on a tear and every time I compliment him he starts slumping.  If he’s ever slumping again just @ me to jumpstart him 

Edited by Fbaseballgod
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Guys I’ve figured it out, every time I criticize Garcia in this thread he immediately goes on a tear and every time I compliment him he starts slumping.  If he’s ever slumping again just @ me to jumpstart him 

 Nice, I did the same for Matt Olson

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...