Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Adolis Garcia 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Cue “article debunking notion of lineup protection”

No worries, I gave him a ❤️2 ❤️and discussed disengaging (beneficial to myself also), so give him a pass for trying to dissect something that maybe made sense in a strange way but isn't worth the effort, just something to laugh about. You shouldn't be ready to drop Garcia, people, he's slumping so bench him for someone else. His value includes some stolen bases and if y'all thought you were getting 40 HRs you were going to be disappointed anyway. Just hold and get him in there after he has a multi-hit game. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bunnyzclan said:

Is there something I don't see? Why are people holding someone with a 31% K% and 5% BB% and can't hit breaking balls and offspeed pitches?

Its incredibly lazy managing, that's why. If you have this guy who cost you nothing and has been a stud for you, and are willing to just drop him, be prepared for some pain. Another team will scoop him up and siphon those addl. 11-14 HRs that are coming and the remainder of his numbers. He's still gonna hit 30+ this is just what regression looks like, so either bench and hold, or find some way to trade him for a workable piece.

If you drop him it is certainly for a lesser player unless this is some 8 team league, so its always team specific, but every team has another piece they should drop before Adolis. Trading him should be easy, there will be teams to target that are trying to figure out where to go, but you may have to get creative and add an extra closer, for example, if a team just lost theirs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, bunnyzclan said:

Is there something I don't see? Why are people holding someone with a 31% K% and 5% BB% and can't hit breaking balls and offspeed pitches?

Deep roster dynasties.  You don't throw someone like this back for the trash out there in the remaining free agent pool.  You play the long game probably well into next year and remember baseball is a game of players adapting on the fly and in the off season.  It isn't football; it is a game of patience.  I learned that the hard way when I got rid of Glasnow and two years later he finally started to bloom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, smeeze said:

This dude really googled "dead goat"

 

12 minutes ago, BMcP said:

One too many wobbly pops, perhaps?

A picture is worth 1000 words. That's exactly what I did. Might've added, "in the trash", though. 🤣

Also I'm all for the advancement of the term wobbly pop even if its being used in jest towards me. Keep em comin.

Edited by collucho
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Yeah...I chose not to flag the post on the basis that the goat maybe is just a lazy bum and is sleeping Under The Bridge

I had to endure your goat gifs with no shares of Adolis so you must endure that picture of a dead goat in the garbage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, bunnyzclan said:

Is there something I don't see? Why are people holding someone with a 31% K% and 5% BB% and can't hit breaking balls and offspeed pitches?

In a 12-team AL only league, I'm not dropping him. Lol. He can sit snuggly on my bench while I hope to see him have a resurgence. There's literally NOTHING on the wire to speak of, and I'd imagine that most AL/NL leagues are that way, so Adolis owners in those AL leagues really are forced to just hold...unless it's like a 6-team AL league lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, collucho said:

I had to endure your goat gifs with no shares of Adolis so you must endure that picture of a dead goat in the garbage.

Yes @Overlordwas the originator of those GIFs and he's been MIA for a minute so lets hope this shakes up Garcia and gets him back to us for some screaming Goat emojis. I've missed them of late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Richard Kimble said:

Yes @Overlordwas the originator of those GIFs and he's been MIA for a minute so lets hope this shakes up Garcia and gets him back to us for some screaming Goat emojis. I've missed them of late.

Ah, yes it was Overlord. My mistake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Deep roster dynasties.  You don't throw someone like this back for the trash out there in the remaining free agent pool.  You play the long game probably well into next year and remember baseball is a game of players adapting on the fly and in the off season.  It isn't football; it is a game of patience.  I learned that the hard way when I got rid of Glasnow and two years later he finally started to bloom.

I understand that logic since I've been holding onto Hiura in my dynasty, but Adolis didn't even have much pedigree as a prospect. There isn't much track record to show that what Adolis did in the beginning of the season was sustainable nor that he was a great bat. With Hiura and Glasnow, at least they had extraordinary minor league numbers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 80version said:

Think we’ve been Aristedes Aquino’d, guys. 

If being "Aquino'd" means getting a player off of waivers who is going to hit 20+ HR's and steal 8 bases in half of a season I will gladly take that every single year. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bunnyzclan said:

I understand that logic since I've been holding onto Hiura in my dynasty, but Adolis didn't even have much pedigree as a prospect. There isn't much track record to show that what Adolis did in the beginning of the season was sustainable nor that he was a great bat. With Hiura and Glasnow, at least they had extraordinary minor league numbers. 

I don't really care much about the lack of a minor league track record.  Sure it is nice to stash prospects with same but it isn't the only way to find new faces.  Why?  Well for one thing minor leaguers are just learning stuff down there and sometimes are told by coaches to do specific stuff that doesn't make their stats shine as in working on some weakness. 

Then there simply are the late bloomers which this guy seems to be one. Ones where something finally clicks for them like a switch being turned on. Change of approach?  Maturity?  Whatever, something starts to click for them.

Then there was a player that got called up once that didn't have the shiny stats too and had been injured in the minors too.  He was named Jacob deGrom.  Half the fun of dynasty is searching for the next deGrom quite frankly.  Dynasty is so much more than day to day play because of things like that which is why I love it and would never ever go back to redraft or keeper leagues ever.

Is Adolis the next deGrom?  No.  But it is possible he can turn it around over time and become at least a good player if not a great player.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I see is a guy who can't hit a baseball anymore. Maybe he needs to join Solak in AAA. Texas is the worst team in baseball. Even Pittsburgh has a brigher future then Texas does if they are counting on this guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, PoundMyBeef said:

It took 3 years for Guerrero to become a stud. Adolis is in a slump and now he's trash forever ? He will be back, thou shall believe in the tools letssss goooooooooo

Vlad was like 20, Adolis is 28

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...