Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adolis Garcia 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Slatykamora said:

5 of his 11 hits are HRs. If the HR/FB regresses from 50% to 30%. His BA would be .219. .243 if you add an extra hit for unlucky BABIP.

But for real, i'm not sue why we have a bunch of people looking at metrics off SSS. 2 of 3 different outcomes drastically change all the metrics. Ya'll need to chill.

The amount of stat cast/baseball savant stuff I see to justify a player being good or bad in April is pretty alarming. People always overreact but coming off the 60 game season people seem nuttier this year .

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welp    edit: I deserve the 5 notifications I get daily from this thread 😞 

Also read where he is already preparing for the adjustments he knows he will need to make. He has been feasting on fastballs so far. He is going to begin seeing a steady diet of offspeed pitches and i

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Please don't pick this guy up

  • No prospect pedigree
  • Horrific K/BB rate
  • Is going to rank your batting average, 250 is pretty much his ceiling
  • Has already gotten lucky in his his sample so far (WoBA: 368, xWoBA: 338)

Feeling pretty confident about this one

Due to injuries and lack of production from drafted players in a 5 OF league, picked him up FOR FREE and started him all this week to a tune of:

6-16, .375 2B, 4 HRs, 8 RBIs, 5 Runs, 2 BB and 2 CSs

I'll take that and continue to ride him till if/when the wheels fall off .

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gryfter said:

Due to injuries and lack of production from drafted players in a 5 OF league, picked him up FOR FREE and started him all this week to a tune of:

6-16, .375 2B, 4 HRs, 8 RBIs, 5 Runs, 2 BB and 2 CSs

I'll take that and continue to ride him till if/when the wheels fall off .

 

 

The wheels are going to fall of, but go crazy!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a bad moment thinking I was going crazy... I'm like how is this guy a rookie, he played for the braves, I even owned him for a bit. Legit concerned I was going out of my mind... Turns out that was ADONIS Garcia... Not Adolis... So there fact that this guy is not Adonis Garcia is a plus. I'm watching. Dude is pumped up had that monster bat flip, lots of passion, love that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

I just had a bad moment thinking I was going crazy... I'm like how is this guy a rookie, he played for the braves, I even owned him for a bit. Legit concerned I was going out of my mind... Turns out that was ADONIS Garcia... Not Adolis... So there fact that this guy is not Adonis Garcia is a plus. I'm watching. Dude is pumped up had that monster bat flip, lots of passion, love that.

They are brothers I believe. Adolis is 0-2 with two barrels today so far. So he's picking up where he left off yesterday.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a lottery ticket that didn’t cost me anything. [...] Trying to comp this guy, Randy Arozarena? Teoscar? Aristeds, as some have mentioned? I can see LuRob and Kyle Lewis come to mind as well. How about a poor man’s Puig?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Seems the league has figured Garcia out...not much at all this week.

Confirmed. Aristedes Aquino 2.0.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 5:10 PM, Fbaseballgod said:

The wheels are going to fall of, but go crazy!

He was a free pickup! Who cares?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 2:37 PM, Slatykamora said:

5 of his 11 hits are HRs. If the HR/FB regresses from 50% to 30%. His BA would be .219. .243 if you add an extra hit for unlucky BABIP.

But for real, i'm not sue why we have a bunch of people looking at metrics off SSS. 2 of 3 different outcomes drastically change all the metrics. Ya'll need to chill.

 .243 would win him the AL silver slugger probably

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Up to 7 HR and 19 RBI in 82 AB...might be Aristedes 2.0, but I’m enjoying the production until the wheels fall off. 

[...] hes a WW pickup, dont know how anyone can complain about that....thank you to grey from razzball

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

ROY frontrunner so far

you used the wrong abbreviation for Hall of Fame.  its HOF

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...