NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adolis Garcia 2021 Outlook

33 minutes ago, Wieties said:

From The Dynasty Guru this morning:

28-year-old, Cuban-born, Adolis García is straight owning the 2021 season so far. The 13th overall player on the Razzball player rater as of today, García has shown no signs of slowing down. A quick backstory: García first left Cuba for Japan, then after a lackluster time there wound up in the St. Louis Cardinals system, appearing in 17 forgettable plate appearances during the 2018 season. Designated for assignment by the Cardinals after the 2019 season, his contract was purchased by the Rangers that December. Seven plate appearances in 2020 did not tell us anything about how 2021 would go. ...

So all the nay saying here was only based on American minor league data over just 24 AB's total?  😂

• Haha 1
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welp    edit: I deserve the 5 notifications I get daily from this thread 😞 

Also read where he is already preparing for the adjustments he knows he will need to make. He has been feasting on fastballs so far. He is going to begin seeing a steady diet of offspeed pitches and i

Posted Images

5 hours ago, meh2 said:

To be fair this guy is a bit of a unicorn in the history of baseball. There aren’t many guys that receive a total of 24 plate appearances through their age 27 seasons and then suddenly perform as an all star in their age 28 season. In just 4 weeks I’m guilty of going from “he’s worth owning in all leagues” to “he’s Aquino 2.0” to where I’m at right now which is this guy’s a real talent and a legit breakout. It’s fair to question how sustainable this is but he’s getting better on a weekly basis and we don’t see that very often. Pitchers aren’t figuring him out, he’s figuring them out.

Well that’s not really fair. He didn’t even start playing in the minors stateside until 2017 when he was 24. 

7 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Well that’s not really fair. He didn’t even start playing in the minors stateside until 2017 when he was 24. 

And he was also DFA’d by the Cardinals in 2019 and again in February of this year by Texas, so what’s your point?

1 hour ago, Wieties said:

García went undrafted in most leagues

Props to anyone in a league where he was drafted. Has to be a deep AL Only probably. If you play in an AL Only, was Adolis drafted?

5 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Props to anyone in a league where he was drafted. Has to be a deep AL Only probably. If you play in an AL Only, was Adolis drafted?

i mean he didnt even make the team right off the bat did he?  i cant imagine anyone outside of Adolis's family members drafting him

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

So all the nay saying here was only based on American minor league data over just 24 AB's total?  😂

He has over 1400 plate appearances in AA/AAA. 😂

Posted (edited)

Shoulda drafted this guy [...] Problem is I never even heard of this dude before. This year's Kyle Lewis?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

Nope. Play in the 5th oldest running league on CBS. 10 team but 5 OF. Everyone is aware of everyone. 

Took a while for him to be added as well.

• Like 2

Nope..not drafted....and we draft a 23 man active roster and 12 reserve players.  11 teams, 35 each team..so almost 400 players.

2 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

I know this is crazy talk, but perhaps when he said he was preparing to adjust he meant it. That walk-off last night with the celebration gave me chills. The guy is basically prime Puig but likable.

Same I got litteral chills 🚀

He was drafted in 33 NFBC leagues so someone out there has earned the right for a major victory lap.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, meh2 said:

And he was also DFA’d by the Cardinals in 2019 and again in February of this year by Texas, so what’s your point?

Don’t be obtuse. You know exactly what my point is. But since you want to pretend like you don’t and move the goalposts from age to DFAs...when you mention his age, you’re talking as if he’s some journeyman. It’s not like he’s a guy who signed when he was 18 and is just now making hay. His first intro into American baseball was age 24, and at age 28 he’s made it (after a basically lost age 27 season). 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Don’t be obtuse. You know exactly what my point is. But since you want to pretend like you don’t and move the goalposts from age to DFAs...when you mention his age, you’re talking as if he’s some journeyman. It’s not like he’s a guy who signed when he was 18 and is just now making hay. His first intro into American baseball was age 24, and at age 28 he’s made it (after a basically lost age 27 season). 

No, I really don’t. I didn’t say anything that was unfair or untrue. His story is very unique and it’s understandable why people were skeptical. I then used the DFA info that every major league could have had him for nothing 5 months ago to illustrate the point. I’m not knocking the guy, I’m commending what he’s doing so I’m not sure what you’re defending.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, meh2 said:

He was drafted in 33 NFBC leagues so someone out there has earned the right for a major victory lap.

Those were the 33  guys who saw his physique in spring training.

I grabbed him in his second game cause I turned on the broadcast and saw he what a beast he looked like.

38 minutes ago, meh2 said:

No, I really don’t. I didn’t say anything that was unfair or untrue. His story is very unique and it’s understandable why people were skeptical. I then used the DFA info that every major league could have had him for nothing 5 months ago to illustrate the point. I’m not knocking the guy, I’m commending what he’s doing so I’m not sure what you’re defending.

Not really defending anything. Just said it wasn’t totally fair to bring up his age in his particular case. 

Wha wha this guy is Aquino and Ks too much, look at what he did in the minors!!!11111 

Just accept that sometimes things do not work out the same. He is for real and you haters/trolls should know your role and shut your mouths! 

• Haha 4
On 5/20/2021 at 8:15 PM, StevieStats said:

For instance, if you see an infielder cheating towards the line on you and you rip it to the 5-6 hole, that's not luck...

No one on earth can place a ball intentionally to a small area like that, except batting or fielding practice.
You can try to hit it to left side to right side or up the middle, but even that is extreamely difficult and most of the times you fail.
All you wanna do is hit the ball hard, and to have a certain degree of elevation.
If you hit it right there, between defenders, it is luck.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, mudrummer said:

Brian McCann is that you? 

I need to hear more about how this guy is going to start sucking - anyone?  Just wow!

Just now, OaksterDan said:

Two more strikeouts tonight, he totally sucks!

...thank you.

• Haha 1
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic