NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hey Rotoworld Blurb Guy or Twitter Chris, there is NO snow here.  Cold rain, yes.  But no snow.  Snow was predicted north and west of Boston but never in Boston.  And I live north but not one single snowflake at all last night or today. 

Friday's game between the White Sox and Red Sox has been postponed due to snow.

The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Sunday. Scheduled starters Dylan Cease and Nick Pivetta presumably will just be pushed back a day.

Source: Chris Cotillo on Twitter               Apr 16, 2021, 2:57 PM ET

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m preparing to give St. Steve my entire lineup in multiple leagues for the reverse-jinx 

80/80 self-awareness tool

Probably no one, but the yanks seriously look like **** this year

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Hey Rotoworld Blurb Guy or Twitter Chris, there is NO snow here.  Cold rain, yes.  But no snow.

They don't always get their stories or even pictures straight. there was a blurb earlier about brandon workman and they used a pic of jake arrieta.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Hey Rotoworld Blurb Guy or Twitter Chris, there is NO snow here.  Cold rain, yes.  But no snow.  Snow was predicted north and west of Boston but never in Boston.  And I live north but not one single snowflake at all last night or today. 

Uhhh, I live 20 minutes North of Boston and woke up to this today, it was snowing until around 1PM.

174685539_116258297133359_6647595833986719864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=kgiu7tMVCE8AX-HeRt4&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&tp=7&oh=ace1259f2a39885a46c6168690a1ad12&oe=60A07FA7

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

Which baseball god did deGrom piss off? The Mets have had 7 games postponed this season. We're only halfway through the first month.

It's been brutal, maybe Carrasco and Lugo will be back healthy and pitching well when they play some of those games. 

Edited by MrBrett

Third game postponed.

Friday's game between the Blue Jays and Royals has been postponed due to rain.

It's Friday's third postponement. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Saturday, with scheduled starters Steven Matz and Mike Minor simply being pushed back a day.

Source: Lynn Worthy on Twitter            Apr 16, 2021, 3:50 PM ET

I wish we'd get solid answers about the astros today, was there an outbreak or did they just being cautious due to close contact?

14 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

Acuna is on a different level. Jesus...

There literally is nowhere to pitch him right now. He is not missing anything and even on that pitch clearly outside he hit it with some authority. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

do what?

HE SCORED FROM SECOND ON A GROUND BALL TO SHORTSTOP!!!

• Haha 2

I love watching El Mago in the field, but on Ozuna's hard-hit infield single, he looked the least graceful I've ever seen. The announcer described him as a "turtle on his back" before he made a pretty poor throw, as he was in obvious shock upon seeing Acuna challenge him, with what was a great baserunning play that Ozuna owners should appreciate.

8 hours ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Was snowing in Denver last night. Mets looks pretty surprised as per Stroman and Pillar's reactions here....https://twitter.com/jflan816/status/1382896280335220741?s=20

Wouldn't shock me to see yet another Mets PPD

Dang, the Mets are either gonna play about 130 games this year, or they're gonna have about 30 double headers in the second half.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

1.  Mets give him no run support.

2. Game rained out in NY yesterday.

3. Game snowed out in Denver today.

If I was deGrom I would start to get a bit paranoid about the universe at this point.

If I was deGrom, I'd be asking my agent to find a way to get me to LA or SD as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, MrBrett said:

It's been brutal, maybe Carrasco and Lugo will be back healthy and pitching well when they play some of those games. 

They're gonna have so many double headers, Carrasco is gonna have 30 starts.

5 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

I am a Dodger fan and am very interested in this series vs the Padres. Dodgers soft schedule so far against Colorado has elevated their record thus far. Am excited to see what they can do against this young team in SD. 

They will pound them into oblivion.

1 minute ago, 89Topps said:

They're gonna have so many double headers, Carrasco is gonna have 30 starts.

As an owner of DeGrom, Carrasco, and Stroman expect nothing less than seven inning complete games if they pitch in those double headers. Lol 

Rooting for the Mets this season. Want to see DeGrom pitching in another postseason.