NBC Sports Edge Forums

Standard stats with OBP, Holds and QS instead of wins, keeper forever 12-team roto.

I can win now I believe. Here’s my team:

C - Kelly, Smith

1B - Abreu

2B - Marte (IL)

SS - Lindor

3B - Devers

MI - N. Madigral

CI - Moncada

OF - Castellnos, Robles, Laureano

U - Yelich, D. Carlson, W. Castro

SP - Mahle, T. Rogers, Flahtery, Gallen, Giolito

RP - Gallegos, R. Rodriguez, T. Antone, D. Castillo

BENCH 

Ty France, Kopech, Pearson, F. Valdez (IL), D. Cease

MINORS - (Proected)

J. Kelenic, W. Franco, C.J. Abrams

Would it behoove me to go after Acuna or Soto? I believe I have the pieces. Would Yelich, Franco and Kelenic get the deal done? Or would you stand pat with the potential season impact with both Franco and Kelenic on the horizon?

Thanks and WHIR as always!

Edited by charger_ss24

If Yelich, Franco, and Kelenic can't get the job done, I wouldn't explore it any further.  Should you?  That's really tough man.  My only advice is go for what you like.  As great as both Franco and Kelenic are as prospects(I feel confident both will be superstars), more often than not, prospects bust.  I'd lean Soto slightly over Acuna based on Soto's Hall of Fame hitting tool and plate discipline.  

• Thanks 1

Acuna will probably never cost more than right now.  It's a long season.  Wait until Franco and Kelenic are announced as callups and then hope Acuna cools off a bit and your prospects will be hyped due to the callup.  Then you can get a deal cheaper, but at this moment, the Acuna owner can get whatever he wants for Acuna.  Soto imo would be cheaper right now by a little bit.  I'd still wait til your players get called up and Yelich is back.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, charger_ss24 said:

Standard stats with OBP, Holds and QS instead of wins, keeper forever 12-team roto.

I can win now I believe. Here’s my team:

C - Kelly, Smith

1B - Abreu

2B - Marte (IL)

SS - Lindor

3B - Devers

MI - N. Madigral

CI - Moncada

OF - Castellnos, Robles, Laureano

U - Yelich, D. Carlson, W. Castro

SP - Mahle, T. Rogers, Flahtery, Gallen, Giolito

RP - Gallegos, R. Rodriguez, T. Antone, D. Castillo

BENCH 

Ty France, Kopech, Pearson, F. Valdez (IL), D. Cease

MINORS - (Proected)

J. Kelenic, W. Franco, C.J. Abrams

Would it behoove me to go after Acuna or Soto? I believe I have the pieces. Would Yelich, Franco and Kelenic get the deal done? Or would you stand pat with the potential season impact with both Franco and Kelenic on the horizon?

Thanks and WHIR as always!

I think it's about the worst time possible to try to go after Acuna and, to a lesser extent, Soto.  And no, I don't think your offer would work.  I think you'd need a much more established centerpiece.  If I own either Acuna or Soto in a dynasty, I don't know that I'm moving them for anything on your roster without you offering something ridiculous.

That said,  your team looks real solid.  I don't think you need to try to go after either.

• Thanks 1

I like where your head is at but agree with others, the timing is off. Yelich's value is rather low right now, while Acuna's is sky high. You stand to benefit greatly from waiting it out until the prospects are ready to debut, and then try to take advantage of the "last train leaving the station" panic. There are also some players on your team who will see significant increase or decrease their keeper stock by the end, if not midway point, of the season. Moncada, Lindor, off to slow starts, should be able to find a groove. I personally would share your seasonal concerns on Yelich, and view myself as willing to trade him or Lindor for another young star player; perhaps an owner of Vlad Guerrero or Bo Bichette may consider to sell high on those guys, in a sort of reverse psychology move, if you offered one of the above and one of your prospects. 

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, 89Topps said:

I think you'd need a much more established centerpiece.

Yelich isnt an established centerpiece?  Interesting.  With that said, I dont think I make that move.  You are talking about 3 potential 1st/2nd round talents for the best player in the game.  Acuna is awesome, and I like him a ton, but that package would have me moving him.  Why people are giving up on Yelich is beyond me.  Guy was top 3 fantasy player before Covid hit, and now he is not even an established centerpiece.  Crazy.  He is still only 29.  Franco and Kelenic are Elite prospects (about as good as prospects can get), and are MLB ready.  You could have 3 superstars on your hands.  I understand the desire to get Acuna, but if you make that trade, you are overpaying.  But sometimes thats necessary to get the guy you want  For me, I would keep the guys you have.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TheTruth024 said:

Yelich isnt an established centerpiece?  Interesting.  With that said, I dont think I make that move.  You are talking about 3 potential 1st/2nd round talents for the best player in the game.  Acuna is awesome, and I like him a ton, but that package would have me moving him.  Why people are giving up on Yelich is beyond me.  Guy was top 3 fantasy player before Covid hit, and now he is not even an established centerpiece.  Crazy.  He is still only 29.  Franco and Kelenic are Elite prospects (about as good as prospects can get), and are MLB ready.  You could have 3 superstars on your hands.  I understand the desire to get Acuna, but if you make that trade, you are overpaying.  But sometimes thats necessary to get the guy you want  For me, I would keep the guys you have.

Not coming off last year and already sitting games with a back injury this year.

Would you trade Acuna for a package where Yelich is the featured return?

• Thanks 1

The owner inquired about one of Flahtery or Giolito. I told him I would not add to the deal, but would consider swapping out one of the three, plus one of his pitchers: Sonny Gray, Alcantara, Thor, Fried, Gore, Matz, P. Lopez.

Not keen on replacing Flahtery or Gio with one of his pitchers, but may consider it. Thoughts?

So your latest turn in negotiations is now something like Yelich, either Kelenic or Franco, and either Flaherty or Giolito, for Acuna and your choice of one of those pitchers? If you can pry a little more leverage from him (say he gets to pick the prospect, you choose which ace goes) then I could definitely live with it. Acuna is the clear top player for the foreseeable future, and his price is high sure, but I don't see any reason it will decrease, either. In regards to Yelich, you have to wonder if an up and down season this year doesn't turn him into a Cody Bellinger or Manny Machado type in the eyes of fantasy managers. There are those who will perhaps frame it as a great 2019 season, lands a big contract, becomes a stalwart who is nevertheless a disappointment because he doesn't become elite again. You're not selling low on him now, but I worry a season marred by injuries is going to really hurt his stock by the end of the year. 

• Thanks 1