NBC Sports Edge Forums

I'm just wondering how low his ADP will drop. 4th Rd? 

Elite WRs in their 30s are kind of unpredictable.

Some played at a high level right through their mid 30s; Terrell Owens, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith and Reggie Wayne.

But many others burned out pretty quickly. Off the top of my head, Randy moss, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson. All had their last good season at 31-32. 

Julio Jones is 32. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Defenses lining up against AJ Brown, Julio, and Henry.

Really? so would you consider it "Useless anecdotal analysis?"

Posted Images

7 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Some played at a high level right through their mid 30s; Terrell Owens, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith and Reggie Wayne.

But many others burned out pretty quickly. Off the top of my head, Randy moss, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson. All had their last good season at 31-32. 

Julio Jones is 32. 

It's a great question. IMO what JJ brings is size and catch ability. If he can pull 2 defenders to him he can still win and help his FF owners but that's one less defender at the LOS which helps the QB, DH, and other WRs. 4th round might be where he goes because we know this is DH's team. Tanny is a decent QB so he can get the ball to him. So, JJ is a guy you want, just don't pay too much for him because we have no idea how this will shake out ... as you noted 32 YO WRs can be risky.

9 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Julio Jones is 32. 

Fair point. When healthy, Julio did not look washed at all. That’s the difference. I was off Julio las yr bc I felt it would be an injury plagued season. I was correct. But when he did play las yr, he was still an alpha.

this yr I think he keeps it together, is motivated and perhaps shocks us all with a top 5 season. 

2 hours ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Fair point. When healthy, Julio did not look washed at all. That’s the difference. I was off Julio las yr bc I felt it would be an injury plagued season. I was correct. But when he did play las yr, he was still an alpha.

this yr I think he keeps it together, is motivated and perhaps shocks us all with a top 5 season. 

Personally I see no way he has a top 5 season in this offense, it would be a miracle of miracles imo.  The falcons throw...A LOT.  The Titans .. no not.  Top 15 seems a solid spot to place ones bet though.

3 reasns why Julio's fantasy production and value drops in my opinion...

1. (Derek Henry) The Titans dont throw alot like the Falcons do. They love to run the offense through Henry...literally

2. AJ Brown will still take alot of Targets...

3. Ryan Tannehill is the QB....

Julio is going to be asked to block alot as a WR. Meaning more injury potential

I don’t think we all should assume the Titans offence will remain the same. Has it been successful? Is it good enough to beat the Chiefs or Bills and get to a Super Bowl?  Who knows. I expect a far more balanced attack this year. You don’t bring in Julio and pay him handsomely to run block. Period!  Now I don’t expect top 5 numbers from Julio but a strong WR2 is well within reach. Biggest beneficiary by far in this equation is Tannehill. QB1 in the late rounds. Sign me up. 

13 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

3. Ryan Tannehill is the QB....

Not sure why you say this like it’s a con, unless you’re just referring to the passing volume in general. Tanny has been one of the most efficient passers in the league since he took over in Nashville. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Not sure why you say this like it’s a con, unless you’re just referring to the passing volume in general. Tanny has been one of the most efficient passers in the league since he took over in Nashville. 

Agree, Tanny can get the ball to JJ. The issues are JJ's age, injury history, and RB DH is the man there. I'm conflicted as I have drafted JJ many times in the past and have been burned by nagging injuries but also he has been a stud when healthy. I'm thinking for me in 12 team leagues he's a WR 2/3 but will not reach for him.

26 minutes ago, Blazer said:

Agree, Tanny can get the ball to JJ. The issues are JJ's age, injury history, and RB DH is the man there. I'm conflicted as I have drafted JJ many times in the past and have been burned by nagging injuries but also he has been a stud when healthy. I'm thinking for me in 12 team leagues he's a WR 2/3 but will not reach for him.

Yeah, and I agree with all that. And you can also bet that Julio will have some sort of nagging injury about all season, and will take off many plays or even whole drives because of it. In the end, I think he’ll still finish somewhere around the WR 15 range, but he will be inconsistent. 

Just now, PrestigeWW said:

Julio will 100% win you 4 weeks in 2021.

Good luck guessing when they are.

why is that an issue?

nobody is drafting him to be a streaming WR, i assure you. 

he's plug n' play ... no guesswork involved - if he's active, you start him. 

eazy, peazy. 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

why is that an issue?

nobody is drafting him to be a streaming WR, i assure you. 

he's plug n' play ... no guesswork involved - if he's active, you start him. 

eazy, peazy. 

I'll happily take Scary Terry or Mike Evans at Julio's current ADP. He's all but DND for me unless he slides. 

1 hour ago, PrestigeWW said:

I'll happily take Scary Terry or Mike Evans at Julio's current ADP. He's all but DND for me unless he slides. 

that's all great n' Jim Dandy, podner ... but it still doesn't jive you describing Julio in terms we use for streamers 

2 hours ago, PrestigeWW said:

Julio will 100% win you 4 weeks in 2021.

Good luck guessing when they are.

🤠

🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

that's all great n' Jim Dandy, podner ... but it still doesn't jive you describing Julio in terms we use for streamers 

🤠

🤔

Podner…he just said podner…I can’t…I just can’t…wait for September to be here already. Just so I can read more posts like this. 

• Haha 1

I want to convince myself that Julio will be worth it in the middle rounds, but I keep thinking about Odell Beckham and how his production dropped when he went to a running team, so i'm tempering my expectations here.  I think he's a solid mid-range WR2 but there's a bunch of WRs in that tier.   I see him ranked around WR15 which is too high to return value IMO.  I only see myself drafting him if he falls beyond that. 

1 hour ago, nk2333 said:

I want to convince myself that Julio will be worth it in the middle rounds, but I keep thinking about Odell Beckham and how his production dropped when he went to a running team, so i'm tempering my expectations here.  I think he's a solid mid-range WR2 but there's a bunch of WRs in that tier.   I see him ranked around WR15 which is too high to return value IMO.  I only see myself drafting him if he falls beyond that. 

Odell Beckham suffered a bunch of injuries and has had his production decline every year in the league.

Julio is the best WR in the last decade.

Not the best comparison. 

• Like 2

More big plays vs less volume = happy hammies for Julio. In all seriousness, he could have a monster year getting less attention and has 4 games vs houston and the Jags. Play action will be his best friend in that offense.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

🤠

🤔

It should be obvious. I think he'll be considered a streamer by end of season - whether due to injury or the usual maintenance/ taking plays off that have been part of his MO for years. I don't see Julio racking up in garbage time like he used to either. There are better bets at his current ADP.

Edited by PrestigeWW
1 hour ago, cashvillesent said:

FB-IMG-1623890943865.jpg

Those hops tho for a 32 yr older.....

Ps that number #2 looks sick....

Nope. See that bulge in his calf? That's a soft tissue injury waiting to happen. I'll draft him if he falls to the right spot, but as I have said before his injury issues prolly lost people their leagues when he was drafted as a WR #1. Ideally, I would take him as a WR 3. Still love his upside, it's just the risks as all above have pointed out.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

You call that a bulge?

E1YoP75WUAEWRxN?format=jpg&name=360x360

USATSI_14747343_168393267_lowres-e159758

37704fa6130d6583050ffd4b9aadadfe.jpg

Bulge?…we actually talking about bulge here?…

Nevermind. I was going to post some pics to respond to you but those probably going to get me banned. And my man card taken away and get called homo. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Blazer said:

Nope. See that bulge in his calf? That's a soft tissue injury waiting to happen. 

I hope you’re not being serious that the fact that the man has a calf muscle somehow foreshadows him getting soft tissue injuries.  this might be one of the worst medical analyses of all time.

10 hours ago, ginocan said:

Bulge?…we actually talking about bulge here?…

Nevermind. I was going to post some pics to respond to you but those probably going to get me banned. And my man card taken away and get called homo. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1