NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Rendon 2021 Outlook

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

He'll figure it out at some point, he's too good of a pure hitter not to. It's a disaster right now though. Just gotta bench him and wait to see for whenever he starts showing some signs of life. Angels schedule really eases up over the next month getting to face some poor pitching in SEA/KC/ARI/DET

So he’ll still suck against s---y pitching? I’m in. 

Edited by Ryansm11
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want a black hole in your lineup absolutely. 

Rendon had a stretch of decent games the last week that pushed his numbers higher, but in looking at his abysmal season as a whole what leaps out at me is that his BABIP is .262 and his hard hit rate

guys, its all good. i just traded for him in all leagues. come back tour starts tomorrow. you're welcome. 

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2021 at 11:55 PM, Max Rockatansky said:

E2SPS3BVgAMETSe2.jpg

Always loved how the Angels make fun use of the video board. Hansel Robles had a hilarious walk out a few years ago, and the tradition dates back to the old days of Angel Stadium:

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, BMcP said:

My favorite scene in the whole movie

Talk about giving up your body on the play. He'll never get ahead that way. He'll never be head of a major corporation. Austin Powers (character) - Wikipedia

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Richard Kimble said:

Talk about giving up your body on the play. He'll never get ahead that way. He'll never be head of a major corporation. Austin Powers (character) - Wikipedia

To this day, I do this whole routine with my brother.  Again - weird - was reflecting earlier today on how much Myers borrowed concepts from TNG

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Update

.213/.297/.320

Is he really just terrible now? Anyone have any positive signs for his outlook rest of season?

Or is he just a lazy, apathetic clown now that he got paid? 😔

1 hour ago, RTW10 said:

Is he really just terrible now? Anyone have any positive signs for his outlook rest of season?

Or is he just a lazy, apathetic clown now that he got paid? 😔

Yes.  No.

The latter.

• Like 1

Now that there is no debating that a) he’s absolutely terrible this year out of nowhere and b) he’s not coming out of it... has anyone read anything good or speculative as to why he’s so bad?

I can see it now.. we will get some fluff piece about how Rendon just was never really healthy in 2021 and battled through shin pain or wrist pain all year long and he’s determined to turn it around in 2022, before seemingly proving that he’s an average player for good.

Its frustrating. Feels like it boils down he’s out of shape a little bit with that pot gut and it restricts his movement swinging or range of motion, on a terrible team, and isn’t a guy who really cares too much. 

18 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Not hitting his weight 

Sure he is...  He weighs 200 and he is hitting 25 points higher than that...

• Haha 1

Rendon had a stretch of decent games the last week that pushed his numbers higher, but in looking at his abysmal season as a whole what leaps out at me is that his BABIP is .262 and his hard hit rate is 4.8% ... neither of which are all that far off league averages.

Basically, he ain't getting unlucky.  

• Like 2
On 6/6/2021 at 3:29 PM, posty said:

Sure he is...  He weighs 200 and he is hitting 25 points higher than that...

Yea right.  If Anthony Rendon weighs 200 lbs, then I still weigh what I did in high school.

• Haha 1
TUE, JUN 15, 9:24 AM  ROTOWIRE.COM

Angels manager Joe Maddon said after Monday's 8-5 loss to the Athletics that Rendon was removed in the seventh inning after he "felt something in his triceps" when he made a diving play at third base, Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports.

Spin: Rendon went 1-for-3 with a base hit before being replaced at third base by Kean Wong. The injury in question occurred in the fifth, when he was unable to get a glove on Chad Pinder's liner down the third-base line that went for a double. Maddon admitted that the Angels are unsure about the severity of Rendon's injury, so the 31-year-old will presumably be reevaluated Tuesday before the team provides an update on his status.