NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Buy/Sell Low/High Thread

Message added by tonycpsu,

This thread is for touting players that you feel deserve attention as targets for buying / selling in fantasy leagues.  That does not include discussion of specific trade offers you're making, considering making, or have completed.  If you want to talk about specific deals you've made, you can do so here .

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's time for the annual buy high, sell low and buy low, sell high thread! A couple things - buying low/selling high doesn't mean offering garbage or some hot start, possible flash in the pan guy

Sell high on Burnes if people will give you SP5 value on him.  His value might never be as high as this, and remember he has an injury history and is on an innings limit

Buy Morton: good last outing otherwise ruined by a Jazz HR. Velo is back to where it was pre-injury. Haniger: as a Mariners fan I made sure to draft him in every league. People forgot he cou

9 minutes ago, bluntbros said:

I wouldn’t recommend this but....Ronny Acuna could net you half a new roster if you have the balls. 

Unless that new roster includes Soto and Betts......yeah umm no.  

Thoughts on Paddack?

I know he hasn’t looked good early on, but thats why he would be a buy low, Right?

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed bench coach content
11 minutes ago, whips02 said:

Thoughts on Paddack?

I know he hasn’t looked good early on, but thats why he would be a buy low, Right?

[...]

Paddack seems broken to me. He just doesn't look right. Even in his last outing he pitched much worse than his line indicated. I would personally steer clear. 

• Like 1
On 4/16/2021 at 3:35 PM, Thenewwildone8 said:

Haniger is a sell high. His BABIP is too high and then there’s his projections.

Respectfully disagree. There's no reason for me to believe that if Haniger stays healthy he can't put up similar numbers to someone like Eddie Rosario. And that Seattle lineup is only going to get better with Lewis due back tomorrow and Kelenic to follow shortly. I'm expecting something like .280 AVG, 25-30 HRs, 100+ Runs, 10 SBs, and 80+ RBI (only because he's leading off). I doubt anyone is going to give you someone who can post those seemingly very realistic numbers in return. 

• Like 1

Has anyone mentioned Lindor? I'd definitely be kicking his tires if I needed steals. His owner might not realize how big the gap actually is between him and the next tier of SS'.

6 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Has anyone mentioned Lindor? I'd definitely be kicking his tires if I needed steals. His owner might not realize how big the gap actually is between him and the next tier of SS'.

Most people aren't going to sell low on their first 5ish picks 2 weeks into the season.  You could try to see if the owners are desperate or impatient but it's very difficult to buy low on slumping studs this early.

• Like 2

Yelich and Albies are two guys I'd try to buy "low." I doubt the owners are going to give them away, but either can probably be had cheaper than their draft day value.

7 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Most people aren't going to sell low on their first 5ish picks 2 weeks into the season.  You could try to see if the owners are desperate or impatient but it's very difficult to buy low on slumping studs this early.

I just traded for Lindor. I'm not going to list the trade here, but if you check my posting history you can find it pretty easily in the bench coach forum. 

3 minutes ago, fatbob166 said:

Yelich and Albies are two guys I'd try to buy "low." I doubt the owners are going to give them away, but either can probably be had cheaper than their draft day value.

Albies, yes. Yelich...I'm not a big fan of trading for injured players. Unless you can get him on the cheap (which as you said probably isn't going to happen) it's not worth the risk.

23 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Albies, yes. Yelich...I'm not a big fan of trading for injured players. Unless you can get him on the cheap (which as you said probably isn't going to happen) it's not worth the risk.

The IL tag and the slow start is why the price could be right. If it was a serious injury, I could see steering clear. I personally think he will be back in the minimum amount of time, and he will be just fine going forward.

4 minutes ago, fatbob166 said:

The IL tag and the slow start is why the price could be right. If it was a serious injury, I could see steering clear. I personally think he will be back in the minimum amount of time, and he will be just fine going forward.

...they also said he wouldn't need to go on IL (and then they put him on the IL). There's seems to be quite of bit uncertainty surrounding his injury to me. 

19 minutes ago, ZMan17 said:

Are Gleyber or Tommy Pham worth a buy-low? Or are they not likely to turn it around?

I like torres over Pham to rebound. Gleybar is getting his walks at least.

Buy Low:

- Brandon Lowe

- Alec Bohm 

- Ozzie Albies

- Bobby Dalbec

- Trevor Story ***!!!!!

Sell low:

- Charlie Blackmon

- Keston Hiura

- Cavan Biggio 

- Luis Robert 

- Yoan Moncada 

sell High

- Corbin Burnes 

- Joey Wendle 

- Trevor Rogers 

- Wil Myers (especially after last night) 

- Mitch Haniger 

buy high

-Ketel Marte

- Bryce Harper 

- Jed Lowrie 

- Nick Castellanos 

- Sandy Alcántara (while you still can)

Edited by Fbaseballgod
  • Like 1
On 4/19/2021 at 7:51 PM, collucho said:

Anyone buying low on Mike Yas?

I would not, solid ball player, good real life player, but in that division with the stacked pitching, and most of all that graveyard for a park I stay far away. SF has not had a 30 HR hitter since Barry Bonds in 2004.

• Thanks 3
43 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

I would not, solid ball player, good real life player, but in that division with the stacked pitching, and most of all that graveyard for a park I stay far away. SF has not had a 30 HR hitter since Barry Bonds in 2004.

That’s a crazy stat, I didn’t know that. 

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Great info!

58 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

This is the year 🤣

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

That’s a crazy stat, I didn’t know that. 

Dude it's wild, blows my mind. It shows 2 things... First how crazy huge that park is and how poor of a hitting environment next to the bay... And two, how insane Barry Bonds was launching 70 bombs and balls into the bay every night lmao

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 2