NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Buy/Sell Low/High Thread

Message added by tonycpsu,

This thread is for touting players that you feel deserve attention as targets for buying / selling in fantasy leagues.  That does not include discussion of specific trade offers you're making, considering making, or have completed.  If you want to talk about specific deals you've made, you can do so here .  Please take any detailed discussions of the players involved to their player threads.

1 hour ago, StuckBetweenStations said:

As Lindor's bat starts to heat up, I'd be at least a little tempted to sell low on him. I think his bat will probably be okay-ish ROS, and I wouldn't give him away or anything. My concern is that he doesn't seem to be running even when he gets on base. SB can come in bunches but he's not really a speed demon. I might gamble that somebody still sees him as a legitimate dual threat and see if I can get like 4th/5th round value as such...

Bad timing since he stole a base yesterday. ;)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last chance to buy low on Luis Castillo before you can pick him up off waivers.

Laughed at.

It's time for the annual buy high, sell low and buy low, sell high thread! A couple things - buying low/selling high doesn't mean offering garbage or some hot start, possible flash in the pan guy

10 minutes ago, StuckBetweenStations said:

Inshallah I'm wrong and he starts running like the wind. Baseball is better with genuinely electrifying players like Lindor at his best. 

He's had 3 legitimately good games in a row, and he usually does run enough to get 20-ish SBs, so I don't believe he's a sell low anymore.  I can't fault you if you tried to get a solid player back for him still, but only if I believe he had a shot at overperforming the 4th/5th round player you mentioned.

• Like 1
Just now, KilloWertz said:

He's had 3 legitimately good games in a row, and he usually does run enough to get 20-ish SBs, so I don't believe he's a sell low anymore.  I can't fault you if you tried to get a solid player back for him still, but only if I believe he had a shot at overperforming the 4th/5th round player you mentioned.

I'd be thinking about e.g. Castellanos, where everything about him is screaming "buy high" to me. Maybe not 1-for-1 but use those as starting places for a package.

Since this thread was created and Patrick Corbin was listed as the initial buy low:

30 innings. 10 earned runs. 7 walks. 23 strikeouts. 4/5 QS. 

I hope people bought low. But if you didn't, I still think his perceived value is lower than his real value and you can go buy him for cheap. Nobody ever wants these unsexy guys missing top 10 upside. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 4:28 PM, AnonymousRob said:

Since this thread was created and Patrick Corbin was listed as the initial buy low:

30 innings. 10 earned runs. 7 walks. 23 strikeouts. 4/5 QS. 

I hope people bought low. But if you didn't, I still think his perceived value is lower than his real value and you can go buy him for cheap. Nobody ever wants these unsexy guys missing top 10 upside. 

23 K's in 30 IP would give me a little pause still.  When he's right he's better than, or at least at a K per IP..   I'd be cautious investing in him unless it were extremely cheap.   

12 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Thoughts on buying not-as-high on Bryce Harper?

Pretty safe bet to finish top 40 overall if he stays healthy. Bad last month and current injury might drive his price down although smart owners won’t sell low. Worth a shot to see if you can get him at a cheaper than normal price. 

23 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Pretty safe bet to finish top 40 overall if he stays healthy. Bad last month and current injury might drive his price down although smart owners won’t sell low. Worth a shot to see if you can get him at a cheaper than normal price. 

The team that has him is in 11th in a keeper (Harper has a 1st rd tag) and will be looking to sell...thinking about trying to jump a bit early on him while he's on the IL. My apologies if this is BCish...not trying to be. 

48 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

how are vlad owners treating his trade value in redrafts? locked in 1st rd value ROS? his 162 game pace isnt sustainable.

Hold.  He’s a top 5 pick next year.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Anyone considering buying low on Luis Castillo? He can be had for damn near free at this point. Am I crazy for even entertaining this thought? 

I’d definately take him if he was free on the wire.  Talent is talent.   

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

I’d definately take him if he was free on the wire.  Talent is talent.   

i snagged him off the WW,,,,ill give him about a month

5 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Anyone considering buying low on Luis Castillo? 

If he was traded to a different team (with different fielders), absolutely. 

1 minute ago, Gauthmann44 said:

What should I expect to get for Blake Snell in a dynasty? 😂😂😂

Laughed at.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Anyone considering buying low on Luis Castillo? He can be had for damn near free at this point. Am I crazy for even entertaining this thought? 

he was free in my 12 team standard would of cleared waivers with no faab except i bid on him.

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, Overlord said:

If he was traded to a different team (with different fielders), absolutely. 

No kidding. In the two innings I watched yesterday, before getting pissed and turning it off, Suarez was his usual horrible defense at SS(maybe worse than usual), and India out there watching butterflies instead of covering first base. They're pathetic at almost every spot defensively. 

5 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

No kidding. In the two innings I watched yesterday, before getting pissed and turning it off, Suarez was his usual horrible defense at SS(maybe worse than usual), and India out there watching butterflies instead of covering first base. They're pathetic at almost every spot defensively. 

I think it got in his head early as the defense was horrendous his first two starts.

6 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I'm not touching the guy personally unless I had the chance to grab him off waivers. He was offered to me a couple days ago to sweeten a deal I was working on, but he is definitely the wrong kind of sweetener imo.

7 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Someone offered me Castillo for Snell last week. I declined because it just felt like I'd be trading one giant turd for another. I might take a shot on Castillo next season (on draft day), but I'm not touching him this year. 

1 hour ago, Overlord said:

I think it got in his head early as the defense was horrendous his first two starts.

Now they just need to trade for Will Craig and put him in CF. 

• Haha 1