NBC Sports Edge Forums

So let me start off with a fun fact.

Kellen Moore was in his second year as OC for the Dallas Cowboys in 2020. 

Dak Prescott was the QB for 4 full games before he got injured in the 5th game. In the 4 full games that Dak was QB in 2020 with Kellen Moore as the OC Amari averaged 12.75 targets per game:

Game 1 - 14 targets 10 catches 81 yards

Game 2 - 9 targets 6 catches 100 yards

Game 3 - 12 targets 9 catches 86 yards

Game 4 - 16 targets 12 catches 134 yards, 1 TD

*Had Dak not gotten injured he was on pace in those 4 fully healthy games to target Amari a whopping 204 times on the season 👀

provided Dak is healthy and suffering no lingering effects from his injury and Kellen Moore continues the aggressive offensive approach then Amari could approach his ceiling.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, MetsSox said:

Hopefully the defense remains crappy and they could play catch up all game, which helps 👍

No it doesn't (I've had the discussion before with DHC). A WR is more or less the same with having a good defense that keeps the Offense on the field or a bad defense that forces the team to pass (RBs are slightly better off staying on the field).

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 2
On 4/16/2021 at 2:04 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So let me start off with a fun fact.

Kellen Moore was in his second year as OC for the Dallas Cowboys in 2020. 

Dak Prescott was the QB for 4 full games before he got injured in the 5th game. In the 4 full games that Dak was QB in 2020 with Kellen Moore as the OC Amari averaged 12.75 targets per game:

Game 1 - 14 targets 10 catches 81 yards

Game 2 - 9 targets 6 catches 100 yards

Game 3 - 12 targets 9 catches 86 yards

Game 4 - 16 targets 12 catches 134 yards, 1 TD

*Had Dak not gotten injured he was on pace in those 4 fully healthy games to target Amari a whopping 204 times on the season 👀

provided Dak is healthy and suffering no lingering effects from his injury and Kellen Moore continues the aggressive offensive approach then Amari could approach his ceiling.

Wow!  I didn't know Cooper was putting up those numbers.  204 times!

Is Cooper a very underrated fantasy asset that's flying low under the radar that can be exploited by us this season?

FFC has his ADP at 4.04 in ppr right now.  Do you think that's fair value? That seems to be low to me.

2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Wow!  I didn't know Cooper was putting up those numbers.  204 times!

Is Cooper a very underrated fantasy asset that's flying low under the radar that can be exploited by us this season?

FFC has his ADP at 4.04 in ppr right now.  Do you think that's fair value? That seems to be low to me.

i just like trying to identify potential value picks and Dak and Amari were developing nice chemistry with Kellen Moore as their OC. When I noticed that mini breakout I started running the numbers for what that would have been had they had a full season together.

Had Dak and Amari stayed on that pace all season Amari would have had 204 targets, 147 catches, 1,600 yards and 4 TDs.

I know Mike McCarthy likes to throw the ball based on his coaching history, I know Kellen Moore is a head coach in waiting and maybe for Dallas, they know how good he is, so I really thought Dak was on the verge of a breakout season with Kellen Moore as his OC and I’d always said that Amari should get a minimum of 8 targets per game. His talent demands that. In those first 4 games Kellen Moore and Dak had targeted Amari on average of 9.25 times per game. That is absolutely perfect for a guy of Amari’s talent and is exactly what you want from a fantasy WR1

Amari hasn’t had his best season yet, he has so much potential and Kellen Moore was on the verge of unlocking it, the extra Dallas pass catchers only helps Amari, allowing him some softer coverage looks. 

As to Amari’s 4.4 ADP that’s a little bit low to me based on what I think he is capable of but I’m sure they are factoring in Dak returning from injury and being cautious since Amari has yet to have a 100 catch season, however, I like to be ahead of the curve on these breakouts. If Amari breaks the 100 catch plateau he is likely to have 1,300 receiving yards and 4-6 TDs. 

Such a sneaky good potential WR1 candidate that you can get late 3rd or early 4th. I’d have no problem going RB, RB, RB, Amari or RB, Kelce, Amari, RB or in SuperFlex, QB, RB, RB, Amari 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

i just like trying to identify potential value picks and Dak and Amari were developing nice chemistry with Kellen Moore as their OC. When I noticed that mini breakout I started running the numbers for what that would have been had they had a full season together.

Had Dak and Amari stayed on that pace all season Amari would have had 204 targets, 147 catches, 1,600 yards and 4 TDs.

I know Mike McCarthy likes to throw the ball based on his coaching history, I know Kellen Moore is a head coach in waiting and maybe for Dallas, they know how good he is, so I really thought Dak was on the verge of a breakout season with Kellen Moore as his OC and I’d always said that Amari should get a minimum of 8 targets per game. His talent demands that. In those first 4 games Kellen Moore and Dak had targeted Amari on average of 9.25 times per game. That is absolutely perfect for a guy of Amari’s talent and is exactly what you want from a fantasy WR1

Amari hasn’t had his best season yet, he has so much potential and Kellen Moore was on the verge of unlocking it, the extra Dallas pass catchers only helps Amari, allowing him some softer coverage looks. 

As to Amari’s 4.4 ADP that’s a little bit low to me based on what I think he is capable of but I’m sure they are factoring in Dak returning from injury and being cautious since Amari has yet to have a 100 catch season, however, I like to be ahead of the curve on these breakouts. If Amari breaks the 100 catch plateau he is likely to have 1,300 receiving yards and 4-6 TDs. 

Such a sneaky good potential WR1 candidate that you can get late 3rd or early 4th. I’d have no problem going RB, RB, RB, Amari or RB, Kelce, Amari, RB or in SuperFlex, QB, RB, RB, Amari 

Great summary, to piggy back on this.

On FFCalculator non-ppr 12 teams he is the WR22 with a ADP of 5.07 which is imo EXCELLECNT value. As the season nears i wouldnt be surprised to see it dip a little too with other WRs being hyped up including his teammate Lamb(Deservedly so imo). I think Both will be great fantasy assets this yr.

Since being traded to Dallas, Dak and Cooper have played 30 games together. Here is how that has gone.

171 catches on 250 targets for 2,338 yards and 15 TDs total.

Whats that train conductor?? ALLLLL AAABOOAARDDD!!

Edited by NInsko
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Anyone know what Gallup is?  WR2 or WR3?

I think all three will be on the field most of the time (the Cowboys love 3 WR sets). Last season Cooper and Gallup played 80-90% of snaps and Lamb around 60%, but Lamb did get more targets than Gallup and did more with it. I would expect Lamb and Cooper to be #1/2 in targets, and Gallup to lag behind somewhat in 2021.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Anyone know what Gallup is?  WR2 or WR3?

WR3 with 1-3 monster weeks between a bunch of single digit duds. I do think he would become a WR2 if Amari or Lamb miss time.

8 minutes ago, sSektor said:

WR3 with 1-3 monster weeks between a bunch of single digit duds. I do think he would become a WR2 if Amari or Lamb miss time.

Cooper is the most likely to miss time.  I don't think you should project other players injuries into grading a player.

In any event, Cooper is a WR2 even if both those guys are healthy.  It's clear they want Gallup running the deep routes.  And pretty clear that Lamb is the slot guy.  Cooper is the one they're willing to move all over the field.