NBC Sports Edge Forums

Huge 20-team league, h2h cats

I've been talking with someone about possibly trading Soto (as they want him bad)...But not sure if i'm giving up too much or if i'm good to go.

I would give: Juan Soto, Trevor Rogers, Miguel Rojas

I would get: Nolan Arenado, Lance Lynn, Eddie Rosario

It would definitely boost my pitching up getting Lynn, and Arenado and Moose feel like good replacements in terms of value for Soto and Rojas...But i just don't know...ITS SOTO after all.

Any advice would be great!

Wow, tough one. What you would lose on the Soto/Arenado slot are made up for in the Lynn/Rogers slot, and Rosario > Rojas by a fair margin.  Depends on what you think about Rogers, he is a bit of a wild card and some are really bullish on him right now. Soto is more of a sure bet to produce his expected numbers than Arenado IMO. I'm actually a little bear-ish on Arenado, but I would still seriously have to think about doing this trade. 

• Like 1

I don't think I'd do this. I can't imagine many scenarios where trading Soto in this format would make your team better. Even if you're team is terrible and you want to move him for quantity I think you can do better. 

Any thoughts on this one? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I don't think I'd do this. I can't imagine many scenarios where trading Soto in this format would make your team better. Even if you're team is terrible and you want to move him for quantity I think you can do better.

This is definitely the case, and I don't like the Cleveland or Stl. offense very much, so while it's tempting to look at an apparent gain in total counting stats as a win, you can do better than a 4 category guy in Arenado and Rosario's more like a 3 cat with some early steals, swingy BA. Also, as much as I like Lynn, Rogers looks like he'll be a good source of ERA/WHIP and Ks, so unless QS or specifically CG is a category in this league I wouldn't view this as a monster upgrade in H2H formats.

• Like 1

Keep Soto & Rojas. Next drop you're other player for either an OF or INF. Lastly move some mt in the counter offer for only Arenado & Rosario.