NBC Sports Edge Forums

Thoughts on him taking the next step in year 2? Courtland Sutton is coming back but is in his final year of his rookie deal. Maybe he leaves after this year, brightening the dynasty value of Jeudy moving forward. Of course this all depends on the Broncos getting a competent QB.

Competent QB would be nice but Jeudy was a huge disappointment when compared to the rest of his draft class on an individual level. Fantasy relevance stops at about a WR3 level but for a Bronco homer I really hope he gets it together.

• Thanks 1

He never dropped that many passes in college.

I think he was feeling some pressure to be great, trying a little to hard. His drops seemed like concentration drops. 

this guy runs routes such smooth routes he is going to be open a lot. When the game slows down for him and he stops pressing so much he is gonna be one of the best WRs in the NFL. Probably not this year if they have to stick with Drew Lock but Jeudy will still reach 1,000 yards this year I think.

just wait till year 3, with potentially a QB with a pulse and Jeudy fully comfortable. That’s when I expect to see the best version of him. 

still think he will be a rock solid WR2 because of his route running skills and YAC abilities this year. 2022 though, watch out.

***If Denver could get Aaron Rodgers in 2022, oh my, Jeudy would blow up.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He never dropped that many passes in college.

I think he was feeling some pressure to be great, trying a little to hard. His drops seemed like concentration drops. 

this guy runs routes such smooth routes he is going to be open a lot. When the game slows down for him and he stops pressing so much he is gonna be one of the best WRs in the NFL. Probably not this year if they have to stick with Drew Lock but Jeudy will still reach 1,000 yards this year I think.

just wait till year 3, with potentially a QB with a pulse and Jeudy fully comfortable. That’s when I expect to see the best version of him. 

still think he will be a rock solid WR2 because of his route running skills and YAC abilities this year. 2022 though, watch out.

***If Denver could get Aaron Rodgers in 2022, oh my, Jeudy would blow up.

Rodgers in Denver would be a sight to see!!  I've been seeing a lot of Trey Lance to Denver in multiple mocks.. how do you see Jeudy with a QB like Lance?

6 hours ago, NInsko said:

Rodgers in Denver would be a sight to see!!  I've been seeing a lot of Trey Lance to Denver in multiple mocks.. how do you see Jeudy with a QB like Lance?

Seriously?  WR1.  Once he was established and knew the offense, yes.

7 hours ago, NInsko said:

i wish I knew. As much college football as I watch I never saw Trey Lance play. He only started 16 college games in his career.  He sat out all of last year. I’m sure Lance would struggle initially like most rookies and it would take a couple seasons for him and Jeudy to form a reliable connection. I hope for Jeudy fantasy outlook that they can snag a better QB after this coming season. Just too many unknowns for me with Trey Lance.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Competent QB would be nice but Jeudy was a huge disappointment when compared to the rest of his draft class on an individual level. Fantasy relevance stops at about a WR3 level but for a Bronco homer I really hope he gets it together.

Well compared to JJ yeah but to any of the other rookies no.

17 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Well compared to JJ yeah but to any of the other rookies no.

2020 WR class:

#2 in targets (113)

#7 in receptions (52)

#5 in rec yards (856)

#4 in rec avg (16.5)

as a fan who watched every snap the real recency bias is still related to the drops, which were horrible

(https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/rookie-wide-receiver-stats-in-the-nfl-2020)

The numbers aren't bad for a rookie wideout. When compared to the rest of a historic class, however, the Broncos wideout didn't finish at the top. He landed fifth in yards, behind Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb, Tee Higgins and Chase Claypool. While Jeudy saw 110 targets, second-most in his class, his 47.3 catch percentage put him dead last among the 14 rookies with at least 40 targets, per Pro Football Focus.

Drops were particularly a problem for Jeudy, who finished with the second-most recorded drops by a WR in 2020 with 12, per PFF, behind only Diontae Johnson (14) of Pittsburgh.

"What I took away is that you just have to take advantage of your opportunities," Jeudy told The Athletic. "For me, I feel like the drops took away from a lot of my opportunities. If I had never had 10 or 11 drops, I probably would have had the season I was looking forward to having. Basically, having those drops took away from the season I wanted it to be. It's just taking advantage of the opportunities to catch the ball, look the ball in. That's the biggest thing for me."

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-wr-jerry-jeudy-drops-held-me-back-during-2020-rookie-season

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 1

Dominating weaker opponents with a super-team around him in college, and you get to the pros and it is a different story.

I'll probably avoid Jeudy in 2021 unless he is very very cheap.  But 2022 could be better.  By then, he'll have had a few years with NFL trainers to get stronger, and hopefully the Drew Lock Experiment will have ended by then.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Dominating weaker opponents with a super-team around him in college, and you get to the pros and it is a different story.

I'll probably avoid Jeudy in 2021 unless he is very very cheap.  But 2022 could be better.  By then, he'll have had a few years with NFL trainers to get stronger, and hopefully the Drew Lock Experiment will have ended by then.

Dominating weaker opponents in college? I don’t think anyone played tougher competition in college but we all have our opinions.

Jeudy had drops his rookie year there is no sugar coating that.

He became the focal point for every defense in the passing game after Sutton got hurt. It’s not like he had Adam Thielen like Justin Jefferson did or Amari Cooper like Lamb did to help draw any attention away from him. 

as pointed out the concentration drops have to stop but.... just check out his rookie highlights. The separation he gets on his routes out of his breaks make him an easy target for any QB. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Not necessarily for or against Jeudy this year, but the same could have been said about Jefferson. Point being, I don’t believe the adjustment for Jeudy was any different than it was for Jefferson. The difference, to me, was their QBs. Jeudy still has a very bright future, imho. 

8 hours ago, BMcP said:

Seriously?  WR1.  Once he was established and knew the offense, yes.

Yes seriously. From what i've read Lance is a risky prospect and Jeudy didnt exactly light it up last yr.. i dont follow college so i depend on write ups video and such for rookie evaluations. 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, NInsko said:

Yes seriously. From what i've read Lance is a risky prospect and Jeudy didnt exactly light it up last yr.. i dont follow college so i depend on write ups video and such for rookie evaluations. 

No, I know - I was agreeing that he would be a WR1 in that scenario.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

No, I know - I was agreeing that he would be a WR1 in that scenario.

Currently in mocks Jeudy isnt even being.. In the scenario where the Broncos draft a QB ala Lance/Mac you think he has WR1 potential even with Sutton? 

I'm pretty high on Sutton maybe i'm over looking Jeudy because of that. 

34 minutes ago, NInsko said:

Currently in mocks Jeudy isnt even being.. In the scenario where the Broncos draft a QB ala Lance/Mac you think he has WR1 potential even with Sutton? 

I'm pretty high on Sutton maybe i'm over looking Jeudy because of that. 

I do.  And I love Sutton.  I view him as having Justin Jefferson potential.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Dominating weaker opponents in college? I don’t think anyone played tougher competition in college but we all have our opinions.

When I wrote that Jeudy dominated weaker competition, I meant that he was playing for Alabama and, with very few exceptions, Alabama was playing against teams considerably weaker than Alabama during Jeudy's entire college career.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

When I wrote that Jeudy dominated weaker competition, I meant that he was playing for Alabama and, with very few exceptions, Alabama was playing against teams considerably weaker than Alabama during Jeudy's entire college career.

Ah ok. Well, it’s hard to play against teams that aren’t considerably weaker than you when you play for one of the best programs of all time.

I thought you were insinuating that Jeudy played nothing but weaker competition when he has squared off in college with many CBS and Safeties who are either playing in the NFL now or will be by this time next year, to include, but not limited to;

Kelvin Joseph, Kristian Fulton, Derek Stingley, Greedy Williams, and Jacoby Stevens from LSU

Jamal Dean, Javaris Davis, and Jamien Sherwood from Auburn

Richard Lecounte, Tyson Campbell, Deandre Baker, and Eric Stokes from Georgia

Trayvon Mullen, AJ Terrell, Isaiah Simmons, and K’Von Wallace from Clemson

and many many others, just pointing out some of the more polished NFL DBs or Safeties that he went up against in college in 2018 and 2019.

wasn’t sure if they qualified as weaker competition or not.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
13 hours ago, lolcopter said:

2020 WR class:

#2 in targets (113)

#7 in receptions (52)

#5 in rec yards (856)

#4 in rec avg (16.5)

as a fan who watched every snap the real recency bias is still related to the drops, which were horrible

(https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/rookie-wide-receiver-stats-in-the-nfl-2020)

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-wr-jerry-jeudy-drops-held-me-back-during-2020-rookie-season

No argument about the drops, and that can easily be corrected but Jeudy had by far the worse QB play of the rookie WRs.

I own him in dynasty and am not nearly as high as everyone else seems to be

It's not just the drops either--he just isn't built to be an alpha WR1 at 6''1'-194 lbs

There really isn't that much of a difference between WR13 and WR30--winning at the WR position is getting the long time WR1s who repeat year after year dominating targets in their offense

I like Sutton more tbh and am hoping the Broncos get a QB to build some hype for Jeudy and allow me to sell him (and that that QB busts obviously because F the Broncos)

52 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

isn't built to be an alpha WR1 at 6''1'-194 lbs

Erm. So what build should a WR have to become an alpha WR1?
Edelman, Hilton, Tate, and Antonio Brown would like to know (not to mention Tyreek Hill and Steve Smith).

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Edelman, Hilton, Tate, and Antonio Brown would like to know (not to mention Tyreek Hill and Steve Smith).

thanks.

maybe Jeudy doesn’t reach his potential but I doubt very much that his height/weight would be the reason why.

9 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Three of the guys you just listed are some of the biggest height weight outliers in nfl history (Tyreek, Smith, AB)

I actually think Golden Tate is a decent career comp for Jeudy though. And it wouldn't be a bad outcome at all--just not the level of return you expect when you spend a top 4 rookie pick in a class with 5 stud RBs (I didn't draft him--bought low late in the year but still)