NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

Three of the guys you just listed are some of the biggest height weight outliers in nfl history (Tyreek, Smith, AB)

I actually think Golden Tate is a decent career comp for Jeudy though. And it wouldn't be a bad outcome at all--just not the level of return you expect when you spend a top 4 rookie pick in a class with 5 stud RBs (I didn't draft him--bought low late in the year but still)

Marvin Harrison, I'd bet on Devonta Smith and Ja'Marr Chase this year, the list goes on (both are shorter than Jeudy, Chase is heavier). I don't think Jeudy's size is an issue at all re: being an alpha. His route running is already elite and drops are fixable, he's clearly held back by the QB situation so I think it's dependent on getting that sorted out (to at least mediocre).

Edited by trilly
4 minutes ago, trilly said:

Marvin Harrison, I'd bet on Devonta Smith and Ja'Marr Chase this year, the list goes on (both are shorter than Jeudy, Chase is heavier). I don't think Jeudy's size is an issue at all re: being an alpha. His route running is already elite and drops are fixable, he's clearly held back by the QB situation so I think it's dependent on getting that sorted out (to at least mediocre).

Chase wouldn't be an outlier at all with his BMI. He is built like an alpha and showed it while competing with Justin Jefferson and Terrace Marshall

Smith? I'll believe it when I see it. Not an alpha to me and I doubt I am drafting him anywhere. Actually very similar to Jeudy as I see it.

Marvin Harrison is the obvious--definitely the most notable outlier and one that gets brought up in Smith discussions

I agree on your assessment of his routes, drops and QB situation though

Edited by mocha4313
28 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Chase wouldn't be an outlier at all with his BMI. He is built like an alpha and showed it while competing with Justin Jefferson and Terrace Marshall

Smith? I'll believe it when I see it. Not an alpha to me and I doubt I am drafting him anywhere. Actually very similar to Jeudy as I see it.

Marvin Harrison is the obvious--definitely the most notable outlier and one that gets brought up in Smith discussions

I agree on your assessment of his routes, drops and QB situation though

jerry rice was 6’2, 200lbs, almost exactly the same size as Jeudy.

it’s fine for you to say that you personally don’t like Jerry Jeudy

it is inaccurate to say that Jeudy’s size has anything to do with his long term potential. 

if you watch his film and see nothing special that’s absolutely fine but that would be your subjective opinion and one not shared by most experts in the field of football, real life and fantasy, including myself.

15 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

jerry rice was 6’2, 200lbs, almost exactly the same size as Jeudy.

it’s fine for you to say that you personally don’t like Jerry Jeudy

it is inaccurate to say that Jeudy’s size has anything to do with his long term potential. 

if you watch his film and see nothing special that’s absolutely fine but that would be your subjective opinion and one not shared by most experts in the field of football, real life and fantasy, including myself.

I like his film way more than I like profile--despite having like the 6th best rookie season of this year's crop of WRs and producing evenly with Tim Patrick when they were on the field together

He is not built to be a number 1 WR in the NFL--if he did he would be an outlier at the position. Not groundbreaking there have been outliers before but still an outlier

I guess it would be accurate to say that Sutton produced and broke out with garbage QBs while Jeudy looked about as good as Tim Patrick

Edited by mocha4313
  • Haha 1

Sure, but Sutton broke out during his 2nd season, not his rookie season. Jeudy's rookie numbers were better than Sutton's, and he of course had to deal with the COVID challenges meaning less reps as well. 

• Like 1