NBC Sports Edge Forums

Thanks for the response.  What if they threw in Boyd too? Still not spicy enough? I like Paddack but afraid if he keeps struggling he won't even keep his starting rotation spot with Gore coming up at some point.

idk about paddack in a dynasty. for years now a 2 pitch pitcher. could see him go to the pen in the future. 

on the other hand rodon is noone you can count on long term. i would try to include a prospect you like in that trade.

4 minutes ago, cornerback said:

idk about paddack in a dynasty. for years now a 2 pitch pitcher. could see him go to the pen in the future. 

on the other hand rodon is noone you can count on long term. i would try to include a prospect you like in that trade.

Thanks for your answer, good point.  What if he threw in Torkelson, Bobby Witt or Gore?

I get the concerns with Paddack and don't disagree.  But I'm not buying Rodon yet.  Unless you get something else with him, I'd stand pat.

On 4/17/2021 at 2:05 PM, thatguy725 said:

No. Rodon is just hot right now. Keep Paddack and his long term value.

Long term value?

Rodon has just as much, probably more, since Paddack has always been overrated.

• Haha 1

So you can get Boyd and Rodon for Paddack? I'd say yes to that, both can help you a lot this year and may even have some trade value after the season. If either guy wins 15 games with 200Ks they're going to be valued as top 25 pitchers next season. It's no secret the Yankees have liked Boyd in the past, he's exactly the kind of pitcher they will target at the deadline. Or Rodon in FA next year, he'll have a chance to sign with anyone he wants once he proves he can stay healthy.