NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dudes in his prime and probably going to feast on RHP .  I hope he blows up and lives up to his hype from the minors

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 9:43 PM, Ragnaroker said:

20 HR, .250 AVG

Both of these seem low to me.   From what I understand,  he's an all fields hitter that is shift proof and hits with a high exit velocity.  He has shown power in both minors and majors to be a 25 hr guy.  His knock has always been his defense, so that took a lot of Lustre off of his prospect pedigree.   I doubt he'll win too many leagues, but he probably shouldn't be on the wire either in even 12 team  3OF leagues.  In 2019 he played enough games at 2b to qualify on yahoo.  Not sure if he'll get that this year, and there's no indication that he will, but you never know.  A .275, 25hr OF is startable in most leagues, that guy at 2b is gold.

*not saying either will happen, but those stats are perfectly reasonable and not his ceiling.

Edited by Cesare13
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

In 2019 he played enough games at 2b to qualify on yahoo.  Not sure if he'll get that this year, and there's no indication that he will, but you never know.  A .275, 25hr OF is startable in most leagues, that guy at 2b is gold.

He hasn’t played a single game at 2B in the Majors, and he is not 2B-eligible in Yahoo. 

• Like 1

It's only a two game series and then back to the AL.  I'd be surprised if he wasn't in there tomorrow with it being a righty out there.  Makes sense to give him the day off today rather than tomorrow with a lefty out there tonight.

41 minutes ago, tristan0823 said:

Khris Davis being back might mix things up too 

Thankfully for Calhoun owners Davis is washed up and slow on the base paths. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

He hasn’t played a single game at 2B in the Majors, and he is not 2B-eligible in Yahoo. 

You're right.  My apologies if that mislead anyone.   I could have swore that I was eying him as a 2b but couldn't sqeeze him in.  

Calhoun is going to play every day even with the activation of Khris Davis off the injured list, Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports. "The way Willie has been swinging the bat, he's going to play every day," manager Chris Woodward said of Calhoun.

Calhoun, who took an .895 OPS into Saturday's game against Seattle, started in left field, just the third time in 18 starts he played the field, while David Dahl served as DH against right-hander Erik Swanson. Davis is likely to DH against southpaws, while Calhoun and Dahl rotate at left field and DH against righties.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, RTW10 said:

Calhoun is going to play every day even with the activation of Khris Davis off the injured list, Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports. "The way Willie has been swinging the bat, he's going to play every day," manager Chris Woodward said of Calhoun.

Calhoun, who took an .895 OPS into Saturday's game against Seattle, started in left field, just the third time in 18 starts he played the field, while David Dahl served as DH against right-hander Erik Swanson. Davis is likely to DH against southpaws, while Calhoun and Dahl rotate at left field and DH against righties.

Except today..

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, WTP333 said:

sadly, they're in an NL park for this series. hopefully, what Grant reported sticks once back in the AL parks

Today is already the last game for that, then they are back to the AL.  I still think there's a chance he's out there today since it's almost silly to give him two days off since he's played LF a few times this season already.  I also can't see them not still playing Calhoun everyday when they are in AL parks, as he's been their 2nd or 3rd best hitter in an otherwise bad lineup.

Obviously I can't know for sure on any of that, as I'm not a "mastermind" MLB manager, but it would be pretty ridiculous for me to be wrong here.

11 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Today is already the last game for that, then they are back to the AL.  I still think there's a chance he's out there today since it's almost silly to give him two days off since he's played LF a few times this season already.  I also can't see them not still playing Calhoun everyday when they are in AL parks, as he's been their 2nd or 3rd best hitter in an otherwise bad lineup.

Obviously I can't know for sure on any of that, as I'm not a "mastermind" MLB manager, but it would be pretty ridiculous for me to be wrong here.

Texas offense isn't half bad. 11th on the year in wOBA, and 4th in the last two weeks with Willie driving the bus. 

16 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Texas offense isn't half bad. 11th on the year in wOBA, and 4th in the last two weeks with Willie driving the bus. 

I think Solak and Adolis have been driving that bus. 

• Like 1