NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every fifth day, my ROI on trading Bieber for Yelich continues to plummet.

Put Kyle in the Old Yeller thread 

This Rockies team stinks. No longer have to bench most starters at Coors Field.

Posted Images

First Stephen Strasburg to the IL and now:

White Sox placed RHP Lance Lynn on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to April 17, with a strained right trapezius.

Well, this one comes as a major surprise as there had been no mention of Lynn experiencing any type of injury issue and he had struck out 10 over six innings of two-run ball in a losing effort against the Indians his last time out on Thursday. As of now, it's unclear how much time the right-hander may miss due to the injury. The 33-year-old hurler had been outstanding through his first three starts, compiling a 0.92 ERA, 0.92 WHIP and 27/2 K/BB ratio across 19 2/3 innings. Zack Burdi was recalled from the team's alternate training site in a corresponding move.

Apr 18, 2021, 4:11 PM ET

Yep on one of my dynasty teams now they join Chris Sale and Mike Soroko and Elieser Hernandez ALL on the freaking IL as well.   Also Gavin Lux went on the IL today too on that team.  But the "good news" is Kim came off of it to get blown up yesterday.  Whoopee.  Just love this game.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
8 hours ago, mks said:

If one team has 0 chance winning because its  throwing out a scrub pitcher like Blake Snell who will be lucky to make it thru 3 innings tonight to save a series sweep its not a very good rivalry. Bring out the brooms. I bet the Dodgers go like 15 -3 vs the Padres this year. 

A rivalry has nothing to do with how good one team or another is.  Never has.  Never will be.

Patriots and Jets have been arch rivals for decades.  Need I say more about how the definition is NOT about how good, bad or ugly one team is compared to another?

• Like 1

Noooooo!

Starling Marte was removed from Sunday's game against the Giants after an awkward swing in the ninth inning.

It's unclear exactly what occurred, but Marte was at the dish with two outs in the ninth inning when he appeared to injure his side while taking a cut against Tyler Rogers. He was unable to finish the at-bat as Jorge Alfaro was summoned to pinch-hit for him. It's difficult to speculate, but there's a chance that it could be the dreaded oblique injury. Look for the Marlins to provide an update on his status after the game. Fantasy managers relying on Marte for next week should be sure to have a contingency plan in place in the event that he winds up on the injured list.

Source: Craig Mish on Twitter      Apr 18, 2021, 4:02 PM ET

Does not sound good.

Okay he is not on my team that lost 3/4 of my entire pitching staff to the IL but on another.  My heart cannot take any more injuries today.  Stop dropping like flies, guys!

Probably a dumb question, but in a 7 inning came does a starter still have to go 5 to qualify for a W? Assuming the rule is constant but figured I'd check. 

Edited by Baur10
1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

Probably a dumb question, but in a 7 inning came does a starter still have to go 5 to qualify for a W? Assuming the rule is constant but figured I'd check. 

Yes

• Thanks 1

Did anyone notice Moran stretched for a throw from a charging 3rd basemen with his left foot on 1st baseball. 

Edited by weakkneeswilly
1 hour ago, meh2 said:

This Rockies team stinks. No longer have to bench most starters at Coors Field.

Really... If you're afraid to throw a pitcher against one of the worst offenses in baseball, why roster them?

2 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

Every fifth day, my ROI on trading Bieber for Yelich continues to plummet.

I feel ya. Traded for him a week ago and hasn’t seen the field for me yet. Oy!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Damn Seattle scoring late runs to screw my Graveman save!!

Thank God Dylan Moore didn’t have anything to do with it. 🙄