NBC Sports Edge Forums

23 minutes ago, svdude said:

His exit Velo this year is 110, last 3 years 111.1, 113.3 and 112.1

Barrel % this year is 11.8%, last 3 years 7.3%, 7.2%, and 9.5%

HardHit% is 47.1%, last 3 years 50.0%, 44.9%, 49.6%

But then looking at soft/edium/hard contact % it shwos another story with only 37.3% Hard.  

So exit Velo down, Hard contact % down, but Barrel up and HardHit% about average of last few years.  Some injury concerns with him, but all in all, seems a bit unlucky so far this year.

Add in 19% K% his second lowest, 13.9% BB% his highest. A career low in Chase% His plate discipline is looking good. 
He hasn’t hit a HR yet so his HR/FB rate is 0% it averages around 20% in his career. If the next ball he hit was a HR it would still only be 5.8% so there’s clear positive regression coming on the HR front too 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is Tommy Pham in a [whispers]...

Those worries he’s in a platoon are over blown imo He started 6 games got a day off and then started 6 in a row and got 2 off. That second day is a little weird and may be concerning but I doubt

That's not entirely true. He's hitting the ball hard and getting unlucky. Buy low. He helped the Padres win the game yesterday against the Dodgers, and nearly had a game winning RBI but Mookie Be

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

He's got a really wide gap between the Statcast expected numbers and his results, due in part to his unsustainably low .246 BABIP against a career 330 mark.  The sprint speed is down a bit as compared to the last couple of years, perhaps due to the nagging injuries he's been dealing with, but I don't think that's enough to explain such a huge difference.

He's a hold and start for at least the current series at Coors Field.  If he does nothing there, I can see the case for benching and maybe cutting in very shallow formats.

• Like 1

The thing that is tough for me is that he’s starting to lose playing time now.

Since he came back from that injury, he sat Tuesday, Friday and yesterday.

League dependent, but typically pretty tough to roster a guy who only plays 3 days a week.

Needs to start having to those balls land for hits/HRs soon, or this time share will stick for awhile. Even if his metrics are superior to Profar.

He'll get his PT back if he hits, and there's nothing like a series in Denver against guys like Senzatella and Gomber to help those balls find seats and grass instead of gloves.

9 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

He'll get his PT back if he hits, and there's nothing like a series in Denver against guys like Senzatella and Gomber to help those balls find seats and grass instead of gloves.

This. Being aware of his bad luck and the disparity in the results has made it easier to resist a drop, and a big series in Coors could be just what the Dr. ordered. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

thanks bud

Running
CS - T Pham (2, 3rd base off A Houser/M Piña)

He's 2 for 4 with a double, though. Thomas Pham, the hitter, is returning!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, octapuss said:

Nasty collision with Kim. Concussion?

When Pham got back in the dugout he was pissed and it looked like he had to be restrained ... 

image.jpeg.de5ea6a6c64dff28eba19ff9e47eea7c.jpeg

* hmmm . That didn’t go as plan. On the espn player card that was a video 

Edited by shakestreet
16 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

When Pham got back in the dugout he was pissed and it looked like he had to be restrained ... 

image.jpeg.de5ea6a6c64dff28eba19ff9e47eea7c.jpeg

* hmmm . That didn’t go as plan. On the espn player card that was a video 

There ya go.  Nasty collision but Pham looked fine by the end.  CT scan to look at his jaw presumably looking for a fracture but we'll see.  Fingers crossed he's back asap.

• Like 1

One of the things I had completely forgotten about Pham that was brought up during the broadcast last night was his rare eye disease, keratococonus, diagnosed back in 2008. I have a friend with this condition and he can barely drive in his 30s. Pham underwent an experimental 30 minute surgical procedure that at the time was unapproved in the USA, but he credits that along with a "permeable wave contact lens" that he wears for helping him treat the disease. Here's an interesting quick read about the situation with some quotes from Pham, makes him more likeable: 

https://www.futureofpersonalhealth.com/vision-and-hearing/mlbs-tommy-pham-overcomes-the-odds-with-a-rare-eye-condition/#

• Like 2

This guy has been money over the last month (OBP leagues, especially).

Feel like the numbers can improve as well. He’s batting leadoff for a force of a lineup and getting on base at a 44% clip over the last month. I think there’s more counting stat upside to be tapped into and statcast numbers are backing up the performance.

Looking forward to getting 3 games in Coors to start the week, where he’s a .423 career hitter.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, KrispySteve423 said:

This guy has been money over the last month (OBP leagues, especially).

Feel like the numbers can improve as well. He’s batting leadoff for a force of a lineup and getting on base at a 44% clip over the last month. I think there’s more counting stat upside to be tapped into and statcast numbers are backing up the performance.

Looking forward to getting 3 games in Coors to start the week, where he’s a .423 career hitter.

It's been a bit under the radar, but if you pierce the veil left by his early season struggles you'll find he's slowly knifing his way up the player rater.  I'm sure lots of folks were just taking a stab in the dark on draft day that he'd rebound, but he's slowly but surely stripping away doubts as he clubs his way onto fantasy radars.  

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Overlord said:

It's been a bit under the radar, but if you pierce the veil left by his early season struggles you'll find he's slowly knifing his way up the player rater.  I'm sure lots of folks were just taking a stab in the dark on draft day that he'd rebound, but he's slowly but surely stripping away doubts as he clubs his way onto fantasy radars.  

😏

• Haha 2