NBC Sports Edge Forums

Drop Vaughn in AL-Only for Calhoun?

I'm pretty solid in the OF in my AL-Only, and although I still like Vaughn's overall makeup and path to playing time, it's getting more and more difficult to keep him. I just added DJ Stewart on WW and my OF spots are held by Soler, Meadows, Benitendi and Stewart. I've also got Canha and Carlos Santana covering 1B/CI on most days, so Vaughn looks to be riding the bench. Although Big Willie C won't be able to play either of those spots, is he still a better add for this team? One other thing to bear in mind is I have Kelenic in the NA spot, so either player would likely be facing a cut when he arrives to the show anyway. Kyle Isbel also just hit the waiver wire also, but I'd rather get a steadier power bat.

I definitely think a demotion is looming without some improvement, and Calhoun projects better than him anyway. I hope he has put being beaned in the face behind him, because that has always worried me with hitters. Even Giancarlo Stanton has never been fully right since that happened to him.

• Like 1