NBC Sports Edge Forums

NBA Waiver Wire Thread 2020-2021 Week 17

NBA Waiver Wire Thread 2020-2021 Week 17

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 17 of the 2020-2021 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

• tonycpsu changed the title to NBA Waiver Wire Thread 2020-2021 Week 17

Not the greatest pickup but I took Tristan Thompson for the Mon Thu Fri Sun game, everyone is playing on Wed Apr 21 so it was refreshing to find a body for 4 games while avoiding Wed. Robert Williams is also out at least 2 of the 4 games this week so hopefully TT has some productive double doubles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, mtx said:

Not the greatest pickup but I took Tristan Thompson for the Mon Thu Fri Sun game, everyone is playing on Wed Apr 21 so it was refreshing to find a body for 4 games while avoiding Wed. Robert Williams is also out at least 2 of the 4 games this week so hopefully TT has some productive double doubles.

Remember they signed Jabari Parker.  Not saying he is good, but neither is TT. It's like choosing what turd is more shiny. Just my opinion. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Trade Monster said:

Remember they signed Jabari Parker.  Not saying he is good, but neither is TT. It's like choosing what turd is more shiny. Just my opinion. 

Saw that but I gotta go with the guy that had more minutes and production recently and that is TT. I don't love the option but I literally have no one else I can add for a full 4 game slate.

31 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

Goga a must add with Turner out for a while?

I don't think so ...they'll probably roll Sabonis at center. Question is who's going to play PF

25 minutes ago, Hangry Bird said:

Lou Williams, run don't walk

Did you see who benefited the last time Trae sat?  Goodwin

6 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Lou Will or Goodwin is a tough call. I enjoyed this season but I'm glad it's almost over. 

Yeah in a must win week with all of my stars out... rolling with Neto and Goodwin tonight. Almost relieved knowing I am about to be done with this. Between teams tanking, teams being out of the playoffs resting guys (Spurs Etc.), and playoff teams resting guys and guys not being able to play "back to back" fantasy Bball is trash now. 

Looks like Goodwin is going to have more fantasy value going forward even though Lou is the better , more experienced player.

I can not stand Barton, I don't understand how he still has a job on an NBA team.  He's out now and I grabbed Dozier but keeping my eyes on Austin Rivers tonight