NBC Sports EDGE Forums

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 3

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 3

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 3 of the 2021 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Willie Calhoun has returned for the Rangers.  
He might be platooning (sat vs a leftie) but he’s still 3/5 with a walk through 2 games. Don’t see much competition on the roster giving them a reason to not play him

2 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

Josh Harrison also he has 2B and 3B eligibility in my league. He looks good!

In Yahoo Harrison only has 2B and 3B eligibility...

17 hours ago, SteveOBayArea said:

Guillermo Heredia! Deep league add

Based on one game? He's been pretty much a zero in his professional career, and I doubt he's turning a corner now. 

15 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Kiki Hernandez as a weekly special, ton of so-so lefties on the slate and he's mashed against them.

This is good as hes the new everyday leadoff hitter it seems.   But i wouldnt call ryu a so so lefty.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

This is good as hes the new everyday leadoff hitter it seems.   But i wouldnt call ryu a so so lefty.

No that's true but the other Jays and Mariners this week are.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:15 PM, Flyman75 said:

Based on one game? He's been pretty much a zero in his professional career, and I doubt he's turning a corner now. 

Your probably right! I’m in a very deep league with 24 teams so players available on the wire are scarce. Just throwing him out there!

Deeeeeep leagues (thinking 20+) might wanna keep an eye on Andrew Young, 26 yr old 2B for ARZ. He was a legit prospect (came from STL in Goldy trade) that seems to have gotten lost in the 2020 shuffle and then broke his hamate 25 ABs into getting the call from the Alt Site last season. He can play basically everywhere on the diamond and hit a bunch in the minors with solid K/BB rates. Hit a GSHR in his 1st AB after coming up when Ketel hit IL, then popped a pinch hit HR last night that registered 116 MPH and went 416 ft. His PT could be on the come?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's Miller Time!

Brad Miller going into Coors this weekend.  He's one of the streakiest hitters ever.  With injuries to many Phillies players and his streakiness and Coors, it's a good gamble.  He had a .900 OPS 2 years ago.  Only question may be a little bit of playing time issue if Didi or Segura come back.

Edited by KingJoffrey
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 12:14 AM, herschel said:

Anyone got any OF suggestions?

Since no one has mentioned him (surprisingly), I'll throw the name Adolis Garcia out there.

• Like 1

Danny Duffy? He's owned around 50% now, but if he's on your waiver wire or sitting in free agency, he gets Detroit next. Run him out there.

Edited by nlm

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic